At Shire, we are dedicated to expanding, building and sustaining leadership across our key therapeutic areas through our extensive portfolio of products, innovative pipeline and collaborative approach to working with diverse partners around the globe. We strive to earn and keep the trust of our patients, their families and physicians, and all others who support and advance their care. Working together, the possibilities for our patients, healthcare partners and employees are unprecedented, with significant growth potential for our shareholders.
This Associate Director level role provides strategic business insights for the Oncology franchise. This role will have a strong understanding of the brand/molecule/therapeutic area and will develop meaningful insights from primary market research, forecasting, analytics, and competitive intelligence into actionable insights and recommendations as a partner to the Brand Team. This role will also bring independent and strategic thinking to the team while supporting and challenging ideas where appropriate.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
• Designs and implements market research projects and activities related to strategic decision support, and deliver high quality business insights
• Identifies data gaps and generates a yearly market research roadmap for the Brand Team including business needs, timelines, methodology, and budget.
• Responsible for execution of market research projects, including vendor selection and management, internal alignment and approvals (CMLR), utilization of new research methodologies and data sources (where appropriate), and presenting the final deliverables with the global and regional teams
• Translates market research information into strategic implications and provides insights and recommendations to the Brand Team.
• Provides ad hoc as well as regular analyses to the Brand Team to support ongoing business decisions and activities in the development/refinement of commercial tactics/ strategy for the brand/molecule/therapeutic area
• Designs and consequently delivers reports to the Brand Team on Brand performance to ensure informed decisions; offers suggestions on action plans
• For brand planning, develops the Situational Analysis by consolidating critical/ relevant insights from yearly information-generating activities
• Works closely with the Forecasting and Analytics Lead to accurately and comprehensively project current and future products/ indications
• Partners with the F&A lead to define forecast-related market research needs, and integrate into the yearly market research projects/ plans
• Generates evidence/ insights to feed into the forecast and grounds assumptions into facts
• Participates in consensus gaining process for strategic forecasts, including Brand Team meetings and presentations
• Manages primary and secondary market research for in-line Products and LCM opportunities; supports New Products team by leading research in the therapeutic area
• Helps identify scenario planning and sensitivity development for risks and opportunities
• Interprets competitive intelligence and other relevant metrics for the Brand Team, providing insights and recommendations (where possible)
• Maintains an updated perspective on current and future competition, including identification and evaluation of respective competition
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Health Sciences, Business, or related discipline
• MBA/M.Sc./Pharm.D. preferred
• Recommended 7+ years of experience in the pharmaceuticals industry, and a minimum of 5 years of experience in forecasting, market research and/or competitive intelligence. A minimum of 3 years of oncology market research is required. Any rare or blood cancer experience will be preferred.
• Experience in project management across a range of functions, seniority levels, and geographies
• Ability to guide key discussions with influence and ability to challenge business decisions and thinking as a strategic partner to the Brand Team; Ability to influence without authority
• Strong ability to communicate insights and results into a clear and concise market or brand story while transforming paradigms and perceptions with high quality research and insights
• Ability to manage multiple tasks/assignments to demanding deadlines with minimal supervision
• High degree of creativity and innovation in developing new approaches, processes and methodologies
• Strong written and verbal communication
• Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills as well as teamwork abilities
• Comfortable working in a matrix environment
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire is an equal opportunity employer. Shire evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Shire is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
A little about us:
At Shire, we help people with rare diseases and specialized conditions live their lives to the fullest.