Role: Senior Marketing & Sales Strategist Job Description
Reporting into the VP, Retail Strategy, you will be one of the crucial members of the Retail Strategy Team, working to ensure that we have a masterful understanding of our key product offerings, trends in the marketplace (and within our competitive set) and that our engagement with key clients is optimal based on these learnings. You'll play a lead role in the development of marketing & sales collateral, product strategy & positioning, and GTM scripts & training - serving as a key conduit for coaching and education with our extensive sales organization. Your goal is to ensure everything we're doing is focused on meeting the market on the market's terms by being our eyes & ears on the industry at large, recognizing what trends & data points matter (and why), ideating how we can provide value & solve challenges, and curating our approach back into the market.
In sum, your job is to make our sales, client services, marketing, and product strategy teams be as successful as possible ensuring they have as much impactful knowledge as possible. Primary Responsibilities
Skills & Qualifications
- Industry Oversight: Monitor all industry studies, reports, & happenings; maintain a masterful understanding of the key forces at play; curate industry knowledge such that it is useful to other team's particular goals.
- Sales Enablement: Develop a systematic approach to increasing sales productivity, getting the right information to the right sellers at the right time, enabling reps to have the most valuable conversations as possible.
- Curriculum Development: Establish GTM training programs, collateral, certifications, and other resources to ensure our client-facing teams' personal aptitude on product and market are optimal.
- GTM Strategy: Work with Product Strategy, Channel Strategy, Sales & Client Services leads to develop go-to-market execution plans resulting in the most impactful account penetration and fastest, broadest adoption.
- Experience: At least 5-years experience in a role related to sales strategy. Formal consulting experience and/or prior sales experience is highly preferred. Superb presentation-building & PowerPoint skills are important.
- Marketing Ecosystem Savvy: A solid understanding of the different marketing channels (digital and traditional), business frameworks, value offerings, key players, economics and etc. Retail-specific knowledge is preferred.
- Compelling Communication: Ability to distill complexity down to impactful simplicity, bringing disparate points into clear, linear, compelling narratives aimed at achieving specific objectives. Masterful storytelling skills.
- Instructional Competency: The ability to educate others such that vast amounts of knowledge and complex topics are retained. Experience in building talent development programs.
- Relational Savvy: Works well in team efforts, building trust and respecting boundaries. Reads situational dynamics and responds appropriately. Influences rather than directs or dictates.
- Versatility- A business person who thinks like an analyst, sales rep, product manager, or marketing lead.
- Athleticism: Excitement & eagerness to pursue new challenges, the drive & ability to learn quickly, embracing of change as an opportunity to evolve, and the versatility to succeed in almost any environment.
- Optimistic Tenacity: Welcomes challenges and setback as opportunities for growth, confident about successful outcomes. Persistent and patient, maintaining excitement within long, arduous phases.
Provides direction and specialist knowledge in applying the technology/application to client business. Facilitation of customer product/application understanding through presentations demonstrations and benchmarks; provision of support throughout the sell.
As a Principal Sales Consultant you will be responsible as the expert for formulating and leading presales technical / functional support activity to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction. Acts as a technical resource and mentor for less experienced Sales Consultants. Focuses on large or complex sales opportunities that need creative and complex solutions. Develops productivity tools and training for other Sales Consultants. Develops and delivers outstanding Oracle presentations and demonstrations. Leads any and all aspects of the technical sales process. Advises internal and external clients on overall architect solutions.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 3 years vendor (sales and marketing) experience. 7 years business experience with relevant computer applications or database/tools. Ability to implement the most advanced product features. Thorough knowledge of system and application design. In depth knowledge of competitors. Demonstrated project management skills. Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques. Ability to persuade others through presentations, demonstrations, and written communication. Ability to travel as needed. A/BS degree or equivalent, advanced degree highly desirable.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.