Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. And driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
The Market Supply Planning Lead-Americas will be responsible for leading Market Supply Planning and Market Coordination functions within the Americas Region as part of Market Supply Planning Organization. Member of the Market Supply Planning Leadership Team. Key Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the coordination and management of the regional Market Supply Planning and Market Coordination team(s) to drive end-to-end Supply Chain optimization and agility and ensure continuity of supply of MTS & MTO products to BMS Markets & Customers under the scope of responsibility.
- In charge of developing and executing the Market Supply Planning strategy for the assigned region. As a member of the Market Supply Planning global leadership team, works closely with rest of MSP Leadership team to support the development and execution of the Global Market Supply Planning strategy.
- Invest in creating and developing strong relationships with BMS Markets / Customers and key stakeholders to ensure a customer focused orientation and alignment.
- Maintain/develop strong relationships with manufacturing and other GSC counterparts to facilitate collaborations and continuous performance improvement.
- Ensure that Supply Chain Master Data is maintained with a high level of accuracy and that procedures are in place to routinely validate and maintain data.
- Ensure procedures are in place to drive market inventory efficiencies while maintaining customer service levels and expectations.
- Support leadership and execution of Market S&OP process, ensuring connectivity to Global S&OP process.
- Maintain external focus and continuous benchmark across pharma industry and regional practices, notably by developing an appropriate external network of industry peers.
- Lead/partake in Global Supply Chain projects as required (e.g., supply chain improvement project, product divestitures, etc.) in collaboration with market partners and other GSC roles.
- Provide guidance on managing tender process
- Ensure robust communication processes are established and maintained with all BMS Customers / Markets and BMS networks of Internal and External manufacturing.
- Ensure team collaborations with Supply Chain Product Lead (SCPL) and Site SC teams, as necessary. Input/output from Market S&OP, Brand Strategy, etc.
- Ensure team support, as appropriate, in new product introduction and transfer projects from internal sites and contract manufacturers, ensuring capability to meet all supply requirements.
- Implement, manage, and provide regular updates on Market Supply Planning performance and metrics.
- Monitor supplier-related metrics to drive improvement.
- Responsible of deployment of workforce planning for MSP regional teams, developing and evolving functional and behavioral capabilities
- Ensure close collaboration across Market Supply Planning and Market Coordination teams to ensure clear delineation of roles and responsibilities in supporting BMS markets and customers.
- Ensure workload balancing across MSP teams.
- Responsible for the implementation of global supply chain procedures and development and implementation of local supply chain procedures as necessary.
- Define key business processes and monitor that they are in place.
- Develop and drive continuous improvement in standard work across the BMS Supply Chain.
- Set objectives for personnel and provide feedback on performance in line with BMS guidelines.
- Responsible for the execution of BMS people management strategy (e.g., people development, performance reviews, etc.).
- Ensure regional MSP team operates within budget requirements for department.
- Partners closely with GSC and GPS local management to establish Ireland-based GSC operations and ensure BMS culture and practices are being consistently deployed and evolved.
- Required: 15 years of related experience with at least 8 of those years in managerial/leadership position at a reputable, global pharmaceutical, Consumer Product or related company.
- Knowledge of/exposure to world class planning and execution processes and preferably supported by ERP and Advanced Planning Systems (preferably SAP suites). Advanced degree preferred.
- Highly Preferred: experience in manufacturing and supply chain.
- Strongly Preferred: Good understanding and exposure to current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and other regulatory requirements (EMA, TGA).
- Strongly Preferred: Experience in working internationally in a fast-paced, reputed, global pharmaceutical/Bio-Technology or Consumer company organized in a matrix structure.
- Strongly Preferred: Experience in developing and implementing world class, global supply chain planning processes and managing them through deployment of global advanced planning and scheduling systems.
- Proven ability to drive complex, multi-functional/regional projects with major change management components.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, critical thinking and problem solving skills are mandatory for the role.
- Proven Leadership skills.
- Experience with ERP, ideally SAP and SAP BW reporting, and related supply chain planning and data analysis tools.
- Proven managerial skills and ability to manage teams remotely
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of compliance procedures (regulatory/ financial /EHS)
- Ability to interact and engage at senior level and with global teams
- Ability to prioritize, organize and manage multiple tasks to tight deadlines.
- Demonstrate cultural sensitivity and an understanding of the global practices where business is conducted.
Additional professional and personal requirements include:
- Travel requirements: 10 - 20% minimum
- Working conditions: Office environment
- Business Acumen: Has a strong understanding of the key business drivers of the industry/organization. Persuades others with fact-based judgments of the business situation.
- Setting Strategy: Makes decisions that balance a variety of factors (e.g., quality, cost, risk, short-term v. long-term impact, etc.). Sets a clear direction for others in times of uncertainty and change. Constructively challenges the conventional wisdom or accepted ways of doing things.
- Executing for Results: Maintains high standards of performance for himself/herself and others, and follows through on commitments. Demonstrates integrity, and sticks to core values and principles. Takes the long view, and when faced with challenging obstacles, persists over a significant period of time to achieve his/her agenda. Conveys a sense of urgency, and drives issues to closure. Makes timely decisions when a quick response is required and a number of possible alternatives are available.
- Leading Teams: Holds people accountable for agreed-to results. Identifies and keeps others focused on the most important metrics to drive the business. Forges strong, diverse teams of people with multiple perspectives and talents. Includes direct reports and key stakeholders in setting goals, developing plans and making decisions to build commitment and create alignment. Is a strong mentor and builds organizations of effective leaders.
- Building Relationships and Using Influence: Establishes credibility and earns respect with a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders including senior executives, manufacturing and other functional leaders, regulatory professionals, contractors and other partners. Is highly articulate, and makes arguments in a clear and compelling manner. Is able to "get things done" without compromising principles. Has excellent negotiating skills, and achieves win-win outcomes in difficult situations.