Locations: Sales - MN - St. Paul, United States of America, St. Paul, Minnesota
Do you believe in helping others achieve incredible goals and become better versions of themselves? In Capital One’s Commercial Card group, you will find a leadership culture that rewards such a spirit. We believe in unlocking the power of people and equipping you to do great things! We are looking for like-minded people who can share our passion for success.
The Market Vice President of Commercial Card Sales will lead a team of Commercial Card Sales Professionals within a specific geographic market. This is an exciting time to join the rapidly growing Commercial Card organization within Capital One’s Commercial Bank. This sales leadership role will be responsible for achieving overall revenue and financial objectives for the organization, recruiting, onboarding, and training of new sales officers, and day-to-day leadership of your market.
- Day-to-day leadership including coaching and managing a team of associates, providing strategic direction for the team, managing overall performance of team, budgeting, expense management, etc.
- Develop a winning culture that rewards and recognizes associates for their contributions and reinforces Capital One values.
- Responsible for managing the workflow/scheduling of the team, employee counseling and performance problems/resolutions, preparation of mid-year and annual associate review(s), determining and fulfilling training needs, interviewing and recommending new hires, promotions, demotions, terminations, and salary adjustments.
- Preparation and delivery of regular financial and performance updates to senior leadership
- Build and maintain relationships with various teams within Capital One including product management, Treasury Management and Small Business Card to create strong partnerships that enhance the overall customer experience.
- Ensure that all customer and prospect interactions are conducted in accordance with Capital One legal, compliance with Bank standards, and regulatory guidelines.
- Provide client-facing leadership for strategic deals and customer support
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of competitor’s products and pricing in the market served.
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent writing and oral presentation skills
- Strong organizational, problem solving, interpersonal, telephone and PC Skills
- Ability to proactively and effectively communicate with all levels and groups
- Makes sound independent decisions, and demonstrates sound judgment to seek senior support or expertise when needed.
- Strong financial and business acumen
- Strong track record of sales management skills including recruiting, training, and coaching
- Experience selling within treasury management or procurement, including:
- Cash Conversion Cycle
- Procure to Pay process
- Accounts Payable
- Commercial Card
- Invoice Management
- Payment Automation
- Corporate travel & expense management
- Bachelor’s degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of sales experience within a B2B sales organization
- At least 3 years of experience in a sales leadership role
- At least 3 years of experience in Consumer Card or at least 3 years of experience in Small Business Card
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.