Marketing Activation Associate
Location: Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Posted: January 27, 2017
Reference ID: 170001C2
Marketing Activation Associate
Unilever strives to be a leader in the promotion activation space to drive highest consumer engagement, while managing within Unilever guidelines and budgets and strategies. A Center of Excellence to support brand activation is being established to support the dynamic promotional landscape.
Within this organization, the Marketing Activation Associate will play a critical role order supporting the National Marketing activation needs.
• Developing strategies and centralized solutions to guide our brand teams
• Working with national promotion suppliers for execution
• Working with Shopper Marketing to drive procurement efficiencies and best practices
• Supporting agencies as needed to drive coordination.
• Working with emerging suppliers for possible consideration
Duties & Responsibilties
The Associate will be a highly visible individual supporting brand teams as we centralize certain function. The need to identify areas for simplification for supporting planned and opportunistic situations. Ideally, this individual will enable a central hub to reduce brand and category promotional overlap by enabling consistent communication to various stakeholders.
Key responsibilities will include:
Management of National preferred activation suppliers, including identifying best practice procurement and oversight/guidance for brand activation. Supplier include but not limited to:
• News America
• Savings Star
• Assessment of new/ emerging suppliers, including integration with retail partners as the systems evolve
Coupon/ Offer Coordination
• Offer Code administration(financial)
• Family Code Management
• Work with key stakeholders to drive offer optimization, value efficiencies and business results
• FSI List Management (Formerly Buckman Associates)
• Support Industry leadership – (Coupon Committee)
• Coupon Clearing and Fraud Management
• Integration with PRM and Ecommerce business
Specific Position Deliverables
1. Communication/coordination of Market lists and approvals
2. Seek and Present learnings to internal stakeholders on all ways to improve Value efficiencies with CP and SM
3. Management of National preferred suppliers and working knowledge of innovation as it evolves
4. Assist with Digital content development & execution across SM Digital Coupon platforms
• Strong bias for action – highly organized, ability to prioritize, multi-task, and manage OTIF brand plans with supplier partners
• Strong problem solving skills. Ability to work independently.
• Strong communication and strategic influencing skills to “sell in” and support change agenda across multi-stakeholder, include Brand’s various stakeholders.
• Ability to fully collaborate with Shopper Marketing team, Customer Development teams and Retailer;
• Must possess excellent project management and strong inter-personal communication skills.
• Proficiency in Excel and Power Point. Working knowledge of supplier systems (i.e. NCH launch, Nielsen, Spectra) a plus
• Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in development of marketing plans and programs.
• Bachelor's degree / Undergraduate degree Required. Degree in Marketing and MBA a plus.
• Working knowledge of consumer packaged goods industry, retail channels and account specific marketing. Understanding of promotional tactics, process flow, execution and fulfillment processes all desirable.
• Experience in digital marketing and understanding of consumer behavior a plus
• Candidate background could likely include suppliers, agency or brand marketing
Unilever offers a competitive compensation package which includes: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses, domestic partners & children; Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, Retirement & Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law .
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation.