At MetLife, we seek to make a meaningful impact in the lives of our customers and our communities.
In January 2016, MetLife announced a plan to pursue the separation of a substantial portion of its U.S. Retail segment. Once separated, the new business will be called Brighthouse Financial.
Brighthouse Financial will serve customers the way they want, need and deserve. It will focus on eliminating the complexity, confusion and cost that can get in the way of many Americans who are seeking financial security. We will bring products to the market that add value to our customers' lives, and will be guided by a common set of values that focus on the customer and drive accountability.
Brighthouse Financial is seeking high-performing team members who are passionate about the company's mission. We are laser-focused on adding value to our customers and minimizing complexity in every decision and action. We are building high performing teams who set the bar high and hold each other accountable. Job Location
United States : North Carolina : Charlotte Alternate Job Location
Not Applicable : Not Applicable Job Description
The Marketing Consultant, Strategic Initiatives is focused on answering strategic questions that drive efficiency, opportunities or improvements in marketing programs or engagement strategy. Individual will also be focused on identifying metrics and goals for the US Retail Marketing organization. The individual will be charged with fostering a data-based culture within and across all retail marketing functions (product marketing, channel marketing, marketing resources, etc) to enhance understanding of customers with the goal of improving sales. Sample initiatives include:
- US Retail Marketing Scorecard: Enable a metrics framework with an aligned set of marketing metrics to provide visibility into the reach and efficacy of all marketing activities. Aggregate marketing initiative metrics to quantify their collective effectiveness and business impact.
- Marketing Analytics: Understand leading and lagging indicators that will allow marketing teams to adjust programs to improve performance. Support marketing mix modeling project to leverage data to improve spend.
- Develop deep partnerships across core retail marketing functions (product marketing, channel marketing, digital marketing, marketing resources) to gain input on existing metrics, provide recommendations and secure buy-in on most effective reporting approaches; ensures consistent implementation and reporting of agreed upon strategies, tactics and goals.
- Prepare monthly metrics scorecard for senior management, aggregating marketing and marketing-specific sales data from a variety of sources.
- Maintain and support development within business intelligence platform by collecting and organizing large volumes of data and validating information displayed to ensure accuracy.
- Assist with custom analytics and slides for presentations given by senior leadership of retail marketing and other ad-hoc requests.
- Drive strategic analysis and problem solve to identify frameworks to answer for organization and senior leaders.
Required Education Business Category
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience.
- Appreciation and ability to leverage data from diverse sources and drive actionable insight to guide strategy, business improvement opportunities and profit.
- Able to learn a variety of diverse products, audiences and define common and uncommon needs.
- Strong attention to detail with a focus on data integrity and quality of analysis.
- Ability to present and discuss information to all levels of management. Ability to bring people together to achieve a common goal - in this case, some parties who may have never been brought together before.
- Ability to navigate through MetLife or experience at large matrixed financial services organizations working with marketing, product and distribution functions.
- Strong customer focus (internal customers in this case) and analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to create an executable project plan and track and report progress against it.
- Strong organizational skills and high level of personal accountability; ability to routinely download, label and store data in appropriate places is essential.
Americas Region Number of Openings
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace. Note to Mobile Users: If viewing on a mobile device and would like to apply, please email the job to yourself and complete the application from a desktop/laptop. Note to Desktop/Laptop Users: For immediate consideration, click Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which takes 10 - 15 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job. Internal Use Only: 11M
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.