Job Description: The Position
The Product Marketing Specialist generates marketing content to support product launches, updates and marketing initiatives aligned with overall department goals. He or she will serve as an international marketing liaison to global sales, marketing and product management teams by sharing content and customizing to local markets. The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of the physical security industry and/or a transferable technical field. Strong project management skills and attention to detail along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilit ies into benefits are crucial. Responsibilities include:
Job Qualifications: Required Skills/Qualifications:
- Create written content for web pages, blog posts, email, videos, case studies, social media posts, PowerPoint presentations, white papers, spec sheets, brochures, press releases and more.
- Assist in development of product positioning, messaging and promotion
- Ensure consistent use of branding based on company guidelines
- Develop and execute email campaigns
- Coordinate webinars and meetings
- Work with technology partners to cross promote solutions
- Administer various marketing and training programs
- Work with international Tyco Security Products employees to share marketing resources
Other desirable Skills:
- Excellent technical writing skills are paramount with a focus on brevity and clarity. The ability to condense many technical attributes to easily communicate customer benefits is critical. Samples will be required.
- Marketing automation software (Pardot a plus)
- Degree in marketing, communications or other related field
- 3-5 years professional experience in a software/hardware environment
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Experience with digital video recording in the security industry
- MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Acrobat Professional
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.