Who loves food?
The world of foodservice is transforming and the pace of change is increasing. At Unilever Food Solutions, we develop great-tasting products made with ingredients that are sustainably sourced. Our nutrition and innovation programs ensure we improve nutritional profiles without compromising on taste or quality. This approach is part of our heritage and is firmly embedded in our business strategy.
We have a strong passion for Chefmanship and for living our purpose of “Freeing Chefs to Love what they do”. We deliver on food that tastes good, does good and doesn’t cost the earth.
Chefmanship is a differentiating capability, key to Unilever Food Solutions in winning in the marketplace, with quality products and smart, strategic applications.
The Non Commercial Channel Chef will be a part of a dynamic and flexible team where people are empowered to take ownership and responsibility in order to deliver results. Working closely with the sales team and cross-functional capabilities to build and extend relationships with key noncommercial customers. They will be the culinary voice providing culinary needs/insights and guidance to grow our company’s reputation and sales.
- The Marketing Chef will make sure that all culinary related content is resonating with operators/Chefs (language, messaging, visual, format).
- They will ensure that recipes created by agency meet operation standards and feature our products in the best possible way.
- They will they will be key in bringing culinary perspective to relevant projects where their approval will be needed. Also working with R&D Chef and team to co-create culinary standards for innovations and key renovations.
- They will work closely with our marketing, Digital team and agencies creating culinary content
- They will be lead training Chef in our state of the art Kitchen to both employees and customers, “Hands on” and/or digitally
- Strong presentation skills, the understanding operators/Chef, and the culinary scene are key.
- They will actively build and maintain excellent working partnerships with key business partners. They will be an integral part of the North American Chefs team, building a state of the art capability.
- Cooking and tasting skills
- Ability to translate customer and market insights into relevant culinary inspiration.
- Excellent presentation and demonstration skills
- Basic knowledge of product development (all categories).
- Communicative – able to communicate and sell ideas in different ways to different operators
- Able to gather information from different sources (local and regional) and translate those into business relevant insights and foresights.
- Excellent knowledge of English (Spanish is a benefit)
- Teaching/Training skills.
- Digital savvy
- Basic computer usage (PPT, excel, word)
- Fully qualified chef, with at least 5 years’ relevant experience in the food industry or foodservice market, preferably hotel or catering
- Prior experience as a trainer or in sales will be an advantage.
Unilever offers a competitive compensation package which includes: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses, domestic partners & children; Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, Retirement & Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities.
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law .
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results, Motor Vehicle Records check and background investigation.