Marketing Event Manager LinkedIn's Vision
Create economic opportunity for every member of the global workforce. Unique Opportunity
Searching for your dream job? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works.
LinkedIn Marketing & Communications is seeking an experienced event marketing professional to play a crucial role in the planning, development and execution of LinkedIn's largest customer conference. What The Role Entails
Our annual customer conference aims to connect, inspire, and transform our attendees through an unequaled customer experience. We are looking for someone who is passionate about taking our unique value proposition and message and creating an event experience that activates our unique value through all aspects of the conference and ultimately creates a sense of community and connection among our best and most active customers.
Specifically, this person is responsible for planning and executing a major event that builds the LinkedIn brand, celebrates and elevates our customers, grows and accelerates sales pipeline, celebrates and elevates client relations, and promotes LinkedIn according to its culture and values. About You
We are looking for a leader, a wiz at multitasking, an icon of collaboration, and someone comfortable coordinating with and motivating multiple stakeholders. It is important that this person is extremely organized, detail-orientated, and has a true passion for events. Finally, this person is never satisfied with the status quo, and is constantly thinking of innovative new ways to celebrate our customers and drive greater impact with breakthrough thinking, new ideas and creative approaches. Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain project timeline, leading weekly core team meetings to ensure deliverables are on track, milestones are being met, and obstacles overcome
- Organize and implement vendor RFP process
- Lead on registration: Develop codes, attendee model, tracking documents, detailed reports and full registration sites
- Research, manage, and build relationships with vendors to achieve best results with minimum cost
- Track and report on business impact including pipeline, registration goals, and more
- Spearhead the attendee experience, ensuring the overall conference themes and current look and feel are implemented into every detail of the event
- Establish yourself as the liaison between the Sales and Event teams, providing monthly updates via conference calls or in-person presentations
- Lead on logistics: Develop initial ground plans and determine signage, furniture, hotel upgrades, and F&B needs
- Be the mastermind behind the evening events
- Responsible for keeping the program within the allocated budget
- Ensure the North America conference experience aligns with international counterparts
- You (ideally) have some recruiting/talent industry experience, as your entire audience for Talent Connect consists of talent-minded leaders and their teams-it's important you can talk their talk, understand their challenges, and know the solutions they seek.
- You're a skilled project manager who is highly organized, can develop and manage to project timelines, and ensure deliverable are met by working with customers and cross-functionally within LinkedIn.
- You have a cool head on your shoulders and are calm under pressure.
- Given our fast-paced environment, you are flexible, resourceful and highly organized.
- You excel at not only leading, but inspiring the teams you lead
- BA/BS degree in marketing or related field
- 3+ years of related event experience
- Managed conferences of 3k+ attendees
- Are known for being an excellent collaborator and communicator
- Can rally cross-functional teams toward achieving shared objectives
- Strong communication, leadership and influencing abilities
- Flexible, resourceful and highly organized
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical ability
- Address issues with a customer service oriented approach
- Innovative, creative, and thinks outside of the box
- Always striving to raise the bar
- Can follow budget guidelines and manage spend
- Patient in high-stress environments
- Passionate about the event industry and making customers feel celebrated
- People person - it's second nature to you to roll up your sleeves, collaborate and get the job done
- Travel as needed in North America
- Experience with Salesforce.com
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams (product, marketing, sales, creative, customer success, brand, design, etc.)
- Expert knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Ability to quickly understand complex issues and develop/apply simplifying frameworks to facilitate a broader organizational understanding, decision-making and action
- Ability to effectively manage time, prioritize tasks and work within deadlines
- Ability to communicate and present to different levels of internal stakeholders
A little about us:
LinkedIn's vision is to create economic opportunity for every member of the global workforce. Our employee talent is our #1 operating priority.