Electrical Automation Solutions, Electrical Sector- Americas has an opening for a Marketing Intern position located in Plymouth, MN.
Energy Automation Solutions (EAS), a business unit of Eaton, provides comprehensive automation technologies and expertise to assist electric utility customers improve system productivity, reliability, and energy efficiency. To this end, a single team of experts is focusing on hardware, software, controls, security, and communications. As a result of this longstanding expertise, EAS' solutions are now implemented in the largest utilities in North America. EAS is a leading company in the fields of smart grid communications, demand response, distribution automation, substation automation, and engineering analysis for the power industry. At Eaton, we work in a young, dynamic and stimulating environment with many opportunities for a broad and diverse career path. Eaton invests in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities.
As a marketing Intern at Eaton, you will team up with an experienced marketing professional who will mentor and coordinate your activities. The mentor will work closely with you to ensure you are given the right tools and knowledge to be able to apply learned concepts to real situations and ensure success. You will set detailed goals at the start of the term, will be provided feedback and evaluations as you progress and will receive a final evaluation upon completion of the assignment. Assignments will be based on your experience and ability as well as the needs of the business.
Knowledge base creation from past content
Creation of detailed utility customer lists with history of AMI/DR (past and present)
Report competitive analysis (research)
Design graphics (images, charts, diagrams) to illustrate concepts in proposals
Conducts process improvement; sales account review revisions and follow-up with sales on customer interactions
Updated and improved pricing and cost spreadsheet
Assist marketing manager with website design planning
Assist in editing brochures, sell sheets, technical notes and other related collateral
Support with coordination of sponsorship management for customer user’s forum
Perform trade show lead management
Produce demo kits for tradeshows
Reviewing and editing the work of peers when needed
SharePoint site administration as needed
Responsible for special projects as assigned, based on knowledge and skill level
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Work collaboratively with experienced marketing, sales, engineering and marketing communications professionals
- Understanding of work environment in a large and mature organization
- Improve marketing skills; writing requirements, evaluating feasibility, and designing solutions based on stakeholder and user analysis
- Enhanced marketing communications skills and experience
- Project management; handling projects from start to finish
- Acquire knowledge around marketing requirements documents and the product development process
- Learn about the utility industry
- Full-time student enrolled in a four-year college or university working toward a degree in marketing, marketing communications, business or similar.
- Authorized to work in the U.S. full-time and without restriction during co-op term
- Bachelor’s degree students and master’s students must earn a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0-point scale
- Must be able to work full-time during summer months; prefer students willing to continue part-time throughout school year
- Experience with computer/software programs including; Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Visio.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with individuals in various subject matter areas and across all levels of the organization
- Strong problem solving skills / excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail, critical thinking, and creative problem solving
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.