Location: Toledo, Ohio - United States PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Home Center Marketing - PR / Social Leader owns and leads the development and implementation of the overall marketing strategy for Home Center and retail customers that is aligned with the sales and marketing goals of driving sales, profit and brand equity for both Owens Corning and Home Center / Retailer customers.
Additionally, this position owns and leads all Public Relations and Social marketing efforts for all insulation and Home Center businesses.
Join an organization that believes that every employee owns a piece of our bold growth goals and ultimate success. We are a market-leading innovator that has placed on the Fortune 500®. Owens Corning is devoted to delivering sustainable solutions across our three business segments while striving to ensure our people and products make the world a better place. We take pride in having an inclusive and diverse workplace with employees around the globe. A holistic sense of community exists across our entire organization as our talent grows globally. We are a company that fully recognizes the importance of paving a path to a sustainable and safe enterprise through investing in our people. Our desire to make an impactful difference in the world flows from top down to all levels of the organization. By being a company that instills pride within each and every employee, we aspire to build market-leading businesses; global in scope - human in scale.Reports to
: Director Strategic Marketing, Insulation and Home CentersJOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Leads and owns knowing the Home Center Customer and the "Customer's Customer" (Pro Remodeler, DIYer, DIFM and others)
- Owns and leads strategic marketing for Home Center business and collaborates with sales team to develop marketing strategies to support key initiatives that are consistent with each Home Center customer. This supports and develops brand equity while building awareness and driving demand generation.
- This includes developing strong relationships with Home Center executive leadership including merchandising VP, merchant, marketing VP, director and others to understand what maximizes their P&L and a continued long term partnership that influences the customer to purchase OC products.
- Own analyzing category, POS data, financials and market data to maximize return on all marketing spending and evaluating creative new ways to enhance category position in the marketplace.
- This includes having an executive presence and being comfortable presenting marketing point of view internally and externally to division presidents, marketing / merchandising VPs and others.
- Leverages customer and business insights to rationalize and maximize SKU performance. Understands "customer's customer" --Homeowner and Pro Customer.
- This includes owning strong partnerships with internal and external insight research teams and owning "Test & Learn / APT" third party relationship and making confident recommendations resulting from research.
- Owns and leads customer planning meetings supporting all OC categories.
- This includes pre-planning with agencies to brainstorm and develop strong strategic points of view in preparation of customer meetings.
- Confident leading presentations internally and externally with senior level teams driving strategic marketing point of view.
- Customer adoption and utilization rates for programs, tools and training events
- Profitable market share growth
- Growth in customer P&L metrics
- Growth in OC Home Center P&L metrics
- OC Sales VP, Director and ASM P&L metric
2. Owns and leads development and execution of strategic marketing plan
- Owns supplier relationships and business partnerships and leads developing planning, trafficking and timing and action of all Home Center marketing projects with agencies and vendors.
- This includes owning the development of annual marketing plan by business (insulation and roofing) which includes driving Home Center POV with division president, strategic marketing VP and other leadership.
- Additionally this includes owning the creation of an overall scope of work by business / by Home Center customer (Lowe's, THD, Menards) with agencies to drive strategic marketing plan.
- Lead marketing team and agency relationships to execute overall strategic marketing plan.
- Exceptional developer of talent and exemplifies the standard for self learning and growth.
- Owns cultivating strong relationships with the business unit marketing teams and sales teams to ensure successful execution.
- This includes leading collaboration with business unit strategic marketing vice presidents and directors to elevate relationships with customers.
- Additionally, this includes owning and developing annual marketing budgets, managing monthly forecasting and maximizing ROI of marketing elements and programs.
- Owns and leads the development of the annual Home Center marketing planning process, operations plan and strategic plan
- This includes developing a strong plan that supports the business and sales P&L incorporating brand strategy priorities, growth projections and new product and program initiatives.
- Lead marketing team and agency relationships to execute overall MSA strategic plan.
- Own developing marketing team and integrating into sales teams overall objectives and goals driving impactful results for OC.
- MSA market share, P&L metrics and growth against target objectives developed by Marketing Leader
- Home Center customer adoption for programs, tools and other MSA related activities
- Metrics for continued "Test & Learn" programs for new product innovation and marketing programs
- Measureable aligned sale metrics developed with customer and OC Home Center sales leadership
3. Owns integration of new product launches and executes marketing programs
- Owns the management and incorporation of new product launches into home center marketing strategic process focusing on robust execution that drives sales and margin goals that are aligned with customer's P&L goals.
- This includes executing and driving marketing programs that deliver Home Center customer business objectives and drives sales with their customer (homeowners and Pro Customers) while collaborating with OC business unit product and marketing teams to ensure success.
- This requires presenting overall plans to broad levels of leadership, including S&T leadership and participation in PRB process, marketing VPs, and senior leadership at Home Center customer.
- Owns and leads development of overall P&L, ROI metrics and tactical plans for new product launch marketing efforts.
- This includes leading development of financial, metric measurement goals and plans to adjust according to results.
- Additionally includes owning plan to traffic integrated marketing projects, manage timing and action calendars and integrate new product launches into execution process.
4. Owns and leads public relations and social strategy and execution for insulation and home center businesses
- Leads developing overall PR and social strategy and execution for insulation (residential, commercial and others) and home center businesses.
- This includes leading collaboration with product, marketing, sustainability and other leadership teams to build insulation and home center public relations strategic plan.
- Leads PR - social agency relationships to execute overall strategic plan.
- Owns multiple agency relationships at all levels including senior team.
- Own developing strong relationship with corporate communications team.
JOB REQUIREMENTSMINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Leads all metrics and adjustments to PR - social strategic plan that supports ROI.
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing or related field. MBA preferred
- 5-7 years experience in marketing including traditional marketing execution, PR, social, digital / omni-channel know-how
- Ability to travel 10-20%
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Big box retail / Home Center experience preferred
- Successful experience working in a complex matrix environment
- Experience in B2B and B2C
- Building Material product experience preferred
- Budget management experience
- Proven ability to analyze business metrics and make recommendations to drive business results
- Creative, highly motivated and results-oriented with a high energy level and passion for marketing
- Shows good, independent judgment, makes decisions, commits to a course of action with appropriate fact-based analytics and has ability to influence others
*LI-NM1 About Owens Corning
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company's market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 16,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 62 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com .A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we'll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.