Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 210 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
The PayPal Innovation Showcase was developed so that our customers and partners can experience our solutions firsthand in an engaging way. It includes several physical vignettes across a variety of retail industries and demonstrates how our products seamlessly fit into consumers' lives and drive everyday convenient experiences - particularly with mobile. We need a dynamic individual who can manage this innovative space and give comprehensive tours to C-level clients and partners. The Innovation Showcase is located within our Morton Street offices in NYC.
The primary responsibility is to provide tours weekly to internal and external groups visiting the space. This includes the ability to share the PayPal Inc. corporate narrative through carefully crafted storytelling, as well as manage the end-to-end Showcase experience. This individual will be responsible for bringing the full portfolio of PayPal products and services to life in real world, tangible experiences and finds ways to tie key messages to the needs and interests of each audience.
This individual is the central figure in the Showcase experience, leading tours and helping to position the company with a variety of audiences, including:
- Customers: to accelerate the sales cycle/deepen the client relationship
- Employees: to clarify our vision and help them see how the pieces if PayPal Inc. fit together
- Media, analysts, partners, government officials and others: to meet specific guest needs
To be effective, this individual needs to engage internal contacts (including Sales, Marketing and PR/Comms teams) to understand their needs and develop a plan to customize tours to maximize success. They will need to have thorough knowledge of PayPal's strategy, products, global business trends, customer behaviors and our competitors. Additional Responsibilities:
Innovation Showcase manager will need to manage and operationalize the space including:
Role Specific Skills/Requirements:
- Ensure all technology is working properly and up to date
- Update showcase experiences based on changing business needs
- Provide feedback on the current tour experience and proactively recommend improvements to scripts and experiences.
- Manage the calendar and scheduling of all tours
- Work with NYC facilities and office manager to coordinate larger events
- Re-order supplies and inventory
- Highly effective communicator: Excels in passionately and clearly communicating a message to an audience of 1-100 while engaging and holding attention
- Adaptable: Responds to audience (verbal and non-verbal cues) and adapts presentation to accommodate. Handles basic questions (and challenges) from audience seamlessly
- Product Comprehension: Able to understand and communicate complex payment and mobile solutions.
- Operational Excellence: Ability to manage the showcase operation and comfortable "owning" the space
- Self-Starter: Able to work autonomously in New York, while most of team resides in San Jose
- Tech Enthusiast: Natural enthusiasm and excitement for mobile experiences
- Creative Design: Comfortable working with designers to update experiences.
- Software: Proficient in Powerpoint, Word, Excel
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Background in teaching, presentations, writing, and/or theater a plus!
- Business and technology experience.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Help us reinvent money. At PayPal, we're looking for global thinkers who can invent new ways to make money safe and accessible for people everywhere.