678 Broadway (22009), United States of America, New York, New York
Marketing Manager, Paribus
Capital One acquired Paribus, a digital servicing company that leads in automating price protection guarantees in October 2016. As technology start-up based in New York, Paribus helps online shoppers save time with an automated service that gets money back when prices drop on previously purchased items. Capital One and Paribus share the unique goal to improve people’s lives through simple and straightforward digital tools.
Launched in 2015, Paribus’ idea was to automate the process of following up on past purchases to see if shoppers could request a refund from the online retailer. Many retailers offer post-purchase price matches, but most consumers don’t bother to watch the prices fluctuate after they complete the checkout process.
Paribus instead integrates with your email provider – like Gmail, Outlook, or Yahoo, for example – in order to scan your inbox for receipts of online purchases. When it finds one, it will then watch the item for a price drop within the store’s price match claim window. The service works with a number of online retailers, including Amazon, Best Buy, Walmart, Target, Bloomingdale’s, Macy’s, Bonobos, J.Crew, NewEgg, Costco, Staples, Kohl’s, and many others.
As a Marketing Manager for Paribus, you will be responsible for strategic decision making and execution for Paribus. The role is a mix of core brand strategy development, product work, media buying, marketing analytics and optimization. An ideal candidate will be comfortable navigating marketing and user level data to inform and execute marketing strategy while operating with tremendous empowerment and autonomy. This role will report to the COO of Paribus.
- Leading marketing campaigns from concept to launch including strategy development, collaborating with partners including creative and legal team on brand and compliance guidelines, communicating with and getting buy in from internal stakeholders and pushing creative to the finish line.
- Manage all marketing reporting including funnel analysis, new user and cohort reporting, engagement metrics and emails campaigns.
- Partner with product and engineering associates to optimize landing pages and onboarding funnels to achieve acquisition and onboarding goals
- Negotiate all media buying, partnerships and affiliate agreements
- Collaborate with design and product to develop brand and content strategies
- Select and manage any external vendors and agencies for growth and marketing
- Build and lead a team of marketing analyst associates
- Experience in contract negotiations
- Strong analytical, project management, marketing and creative skills
- Proven ability to negotiate and influence decision makers
- Ability to make strategically bold marketing strategy decisions in a disciplined, fact-based manner using metric
- Proven ability to work independently and demonstrate intellectual rigor
- Ability to deliver compelling partner presentations
- Experience leading digital marketing and brand strategy efforts in large organizations, along with a proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Organizational skills and effective time management to succeed in a competitive and dynamic environment
- Experience with a variety of marketing channels (eg: social media, TV, radio, affiliate)
- Data analytics experience proficiency using SQL or Excel knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in a marketing analytics role or at least 3 years of data analysis experience in a marketing organization
- At least 3 years of hands on experience with analytical software tools including any of the following: SQL, SAS, R, or Tableau
- At least 2 years experience leading cross functional team environment and with external agencies and partners
- Masters Degree in Business Administration (MBA)
- 5 years of Project Management experience
- 3 years of People Management experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.