Are you passionate about customer experience marketing and driving customer engagement and usage? The Relationship Marketing team in Office is looking for a Marketing Manager to build and manage a global customer usage and engagement digital communication programs for our OneDrive customers.
Engaging our OneDrive customers and driving upsell to paid subscription products is a key strategic initiative. This position will play a key role in driving real impact to the business.
The ideal candidate will have passion in three areas: creating exceptional customer experiences, using data and analytics to inform programs and campaigns, and building and optimizing campaigns across multiple channels. We are looking for an individual with exceptional communication skills, a high drive for results in a rapidly evolving business and the ability to collaborate with engineering teams to build end-to-end, customer-centric communication experiences. This individual must be a self-starter and comfortable dealing with ambiguity.
• Work with Engineering and Product Marketing to define strategy to engage and drive usage of the OneDrive service and ultimately upsell to a paid subscription product.
• Manage and execute email communications to onboard and drive usage of Office365 consumers in relevant and targeted way, leveraging customer usage data.
• Create plan for dynamic in-product messaging, starting with experiments and scaling over multiple in-product surfaces to reach users directly. Develop holistic communication plan across the Onboarding and Usage lifecycles.
• Develop communication plans for new value prop and feature launches to engage existing customers.
• Live and breathe the customer experience, gaining a deep understanding of each service offering to know what is important for customers to do in the product, how they perform key tasks, where there are challenges for customers, and how to best direct customers to resources to answer their questions.
• Partner closely with Engineering, influencing their roadmap and executing on top priority projects that impact customer experience.
• Create multi-channel, behavior-based campaigns to drive customers to take the next best action to increase their usage, leveraging the team’s marketing platform for executing campaigns.
• Build campaigns, A/B tests, and read results in marketing automation tool interface developed for campaign managers. Report results, future testing plans and optimization work.
• Partner with the Analytics Team to help define success metrics, defining deeper analyses, campaign impact reporting, customer behavior modeling and experimentation planning.
• Partner closely with other lifecycle managers to ensure a consistent customer experience throughout each customer’s lifecycle.
• Set success criteria, measure impact, and evolve the strategy in order to impact customer usage, retention, and satisfaction.
The successful candidate is passionate about the engaging and developing relationships with customers, is both data-driven and creative in approach, is able to formulate broad strategies and execute, and has consumer experience.
The candidate should have/be:
• 2-5 years consumer marketing experience
• Effective at driving projects forward amongst a rapidly changing business
• Creative prowess
• Thrives on cross-group collaboration
• Experience/comfortable working with engineering
• Passion for delivering an exceptional customer experience.
• Solid direct marketing, relationship marketing, usage, retention and/or loyalty program management experience.
• Experience in a subscription service business (e.g. financial services, telecom, entertainment, software as a service, etc.) is preferred.
• Hands-on experience in customer contact management and marketing through multiple channels: email, direct mail, phone and web channels and a solid understanding of analytics, including segmentation and modeling.
• Strong strategic thinking complemented with a bias for action. A successful candidate needs to be able to develop a strategy and execution plan that drives impact.
• Strong analytical thinking, ability to create test and learn plans, measure results, and identify incremental opportunities. Comfortable with data.
• Ability to collaborate and influence groups across the organization including senior leaders, marketing, segments, engineering, customer service and operations.
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and create frameworks and plans to solve unstructured problems.
• Project management skills to prioritize and drive initiatives forward.
• Excellent verbal, written and presentational skills with a focus on tangible, measurable recommendations.
• Highly accountable, driven to success in a fast-paced
environment, experience working in global roles.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.