Marketing Manager Job Summary:
The Marketing Manager is responsible for managing the process of developing strategic marketing plans and has primary responsibility for implementation, coordination, and execution of these marketing plans for our financial services industry and tax teams, while ensuring integration across geographies and lines of business and supporting a "one firm" approach to the market.
The position oversees all marketing-related activities including market definition/understanding, marketing strategy, market planning, budget planning, brand management and marketing and sales integration and requires an ability to implement strategically; experience in developing and deploying growth strategies; knowledge across a spectrum of core marketing disciplines and marketing analytics; people and team management skills; collegial behavior; and the capability to make sound judgments and decisions with respect to design and implementation of marketing plans.
1. Marketing Execution:
- Manages go-to-market strategy design and execution for assigned responsibility areas through collaboration with marketing leadership team, selected regional industry and line of business (LOB) leads; Office Managing Partners/location leaders, and other regional leaders, including LOB, industry and specialty practice and business development leaders.
- Key focus is on helping the assigned teams achieve revenue and growth goals in the short term and to enhance the RSM brand in the long-term.
- Serves as marketing advisor to assigned line of business, industry and geography leaders, studying market, and advocating for the market.
- Project management responsibility for key deliverables as outlined in the marketing plan, including marketing campaigns, programs, thought leadership, demand generation, data base analytics, target market definitions, and ongoing analysis to make and implement recommendations to help internal clients achieve their growth goals.
- Integrates and manages designated marketing team and related resources from regional, national marketing and business development teams including marketing communications resources, database and demand generation resources, business developers, inside sales, proposal support staff, marketing coordinators and administrative staff who serve local teams.
- Coordinates marketing resources to assure implementation of strategic marketing plans, including defining success criteria, measuring effectiveness of initiatives, and reporting on results. Works closely with marketing team to leverage shared services and infrastructure.
- Manages development and implementation of marketing communications and resource materials for assigned areas.
- Builds and maintains relationships with strategically aligned external organizations such as relevant industry associations/organizations and publications.
- Actively engages, as needed, on large pursuits/proposals assisting with development of pursuit strategy/account planning and key message/value proposition; in collaboration with national proposal team, develops qualifications, value proposition and other information to assist in development of relevant and persuasive proposals.
2. Marketing Planning:
- Facilitates overall project management of annual marketing planning, budget recommendation and measurement process for their assigned responsibility areas.
- Works closely with others in the marketing function and business to ensure timely development of integrated marketing plans that are aligned with and support key business strategies for assigned industry, line of business and/or geography teams.
- Plans as appropriate are integrated across Line of Business, industry and geography. Process is aligned with the national marketing planning.
3. Monitoring, Measuring, Quality
- Seeks to determine best practices for the delivery of efficient, cost effective marketing processes & programs, balancing the need for a pragmatic approach to execution and delivery with the need to deliver services to a consistently high standard for assigned responsibility areas. Identifies opportunities to drive cost optimization and efficiency through the appropriate measurement of return on investment of marketing spend, and through effective utilization of talent, technology and financial resources.
- Champions the firm's brand internally and externally within the region; ensures full compliance with the brand strategy, messaging, and identity management guidelines throughout the firm for their areas of responsibility.
- Sets the highest personal standard for driving quality in all areas of marketing.
- Adheres and holds others accountable for adhering to all quality, compliance and risk management policies and procedures.
4. Talent Pipeline
- Participates in selection and development of marketing resources for teams under their assigned responsibility areas. May serve as a Career Advisor taking an active role in the marketing team member's performance planning and evaluation process and providing coaching.
- Creates an environment of trust, teamwork, development, empowerment, and entrepreneurship through quality communication, relationships, coaching and mentoring and actively and visibly demonstrating appropriate behaviors.
- Motivates and develops a high performing marketing team.
- Provides mentoring and assistance to marketing employees that they supervise or influence in the areas of marketing strategy and planning and brand management, improved teamwork and communication.
- Bachelor's degree with proven experience.
- Deep understanding of various competencies related to the marketing accounting, tax and consulting services.
- Understanding of the needs of "C" level officers within the firm's target market, including CFO's and CEOs.
- Understanding of key industries that are core target markets of the firm.
- Minimum 5 years marketing experience with a preference for experience in a large professional services or similar organization.
- Understanding of the financial services industry a plus.
- Proven abilities to collect, synthesize and manage market/client data.
- Demonstrated abilities to develop and implement direct marketing, advertising, PR, social media, branding and internet marketing initiatives.
- Must exhibit an exceptional client service attitude, possess outstanding people skills and take a proactive approach in working with employees.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to motivate, and deliver tough prescriptive messages.
- Diplomatic approach to collaboration with multiple constituencies in a matrix environment.
- Demonstrated skills in diagnostics, analytics, coordination, collaboration and planning.
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects/assignments simultaneously.
- Seeks ongoing improvement by systematically performing gap analyses, and factoring learning into counter-measures for all areas of responsibility.
A little about us:
RSM US LLP is the nation’s leading provider of audit, tax and consulting services focused on the middle market.