We are PepsiCo
PepsiCo is one of the world's leading food and beverage companies with over $63 billion in net revenue in 2015 and a global portfolio of diverse and beloved brands. We have a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes 22 brands that in 2015 each generated more than $1 billion in estimated annual retail sales. PepsiCo's products are sold in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo's strength is its people. We are over 250,000 game changers, mountain movers and history makers, scattered around the world, and united by a shared set of values and goals. We believe that acting ethically and responsibly is not only the right thing to do, but also the right thing to do for our business. At PepsiCo, we aim to deliver top-tier financial performance over the long term by integrating sustainability into our business strategy, leaving a positive imprint on society and the environment. We call this Performance with Purpose
. For more information on PepsiCo and the possibilities it holds, visit www.pepsico.com . Functional Description:
PepsiCo's Marketing MBA internship program is a 10 week summer program between June and August held in each of our three U.S. headquarter locations: Chicago, IL (Quaker Foods, Tropicana, Gatorade), Purchase, NY (Pepsi Beverages) and Plano, TX (Frito Lay). A summer internship in Marketing at PepsiCo is an opportunity to independently solve a critical business problem. Each intern is presented with a timely question for their team, and challenged to both think strategically and engage cross-functional partners to provide a provocative and comprehensive recommendation during their final presentation. This structure mirrors the project-based work process of full-time employees. Although this process lends itself to great autonomy in setting agenda, workflow and output, interns have full support, guidance and feedback from their managers and the broader Marketing organization. As a class, PepsiCo Marketing interns are availed of best-in-class exposure to senior leadership, educated on the global PepsiCo organization, and given opportunities to build relationship with fellow interns across both functions and US PepsiCo headquarters (New York, Dallas and Chicago).
Responsibilities may include:
What you can expect:
- Analyzing and tracking brand and competitors p erformance
- Identifying and understanding the drivers of an increasing and/decreasing P&L
- Effectively managing product specific budgets
- Getting to know your consumer and being their voice in product, packaging, or communication development
- Assisting in the creation of brand positioning and communication strategies
- Participating in the briefing process
- Leading consumer/trade promotions, events, and marketing programs
- Leading cross-functional teams to execute projects to successful completion across teams
- Being a leader on the business by sharing ideas and passion
A Marketing intern at PepsiCo will provide marketing and analytical support to senior managers regarding the development of various marketing initiatives and assist PepsiCo in achieving their short and long-term business strategy. Interns support projects including new product launches, consumer promotions, and graphics development. The position requires significant interaction with various marketing agencies and partners to help bring the brand strategy to life. In addition to the creative side, this position requires a highly quantitative skill set and comfort with analyzing data to develop detailed and thought provoking strategic analyses and recommendations. To accomplish this, the intern will be required to use a number of databases and scanner data systems. Qualifications/Requirements What we're looking for:
PepsiCo looks for creative, results-oriented people who thrive in a fast-paced, innovative marketing environment. Our marketing professionals must demonstrate strong analytical skills and creative instinct. At PepsiCo we look for risk takers who can identify consumer-based opportunities, bring them to market quickly and positively impact profitability. Our marketers are team players, comfortable with ambiguity and committed to results. To succeed in our highly transactional environment, marketers must possess strong communication and influencing skills. We welcome high energy people who will be passionate about marketing and building our business.
- Currently pursuing an MBA degree in: Marketing or Business (other related majors will be considered)
- Involvement in at least one extracurricular activity
- Experience in marketing, advertising, promotions, digital, media, design (strongly preferred)
- Prior knowledge and/or experience with a consumer packaged goods corporation (preferred)
- Unique experiences that demonstrate creative thinking and a passion for marketing (welcomed)
- Potential work locations include:
Minimum Qualifications - Each candidate is expected to:
- Dallas, TX
- Purchase/White Plains, NY
- Graduate with MBA degree within one (1) year of internship completion.
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Include GPA (unless your school has a non-disclosure policy,) GMAT scores, stack-ranked location preference on your submitted resume
- Be eligible to work in United States without work authorization sponsorship now or anytime in the future
- Pass a drug screen and background investigation
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law ( http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster ) & EEO is the Law Supplement ( http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement ) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser. Relocation Eligible
Not Eligible for Relocation
Our nation’s veterans bring unbeatable life experience, job skills and leadership to PepsiCo. Together We Win.