Marketing Operations Specialist for Events
Company: Johnson Controls
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posted: November 11, 2017
Reference ID: WD30040410313
The role of the Marketing Operations Specialist for Events, will be to help drive brand awareness, customer acquisition, customer and customer retention via events. This role supports the Marketing Manager-Events for the ShopperTrak, TrueVUE, and Sensormatic brands in the Americas. This person also coordinates with other team members in finance, marketing, solutions (product management), digital, for event support.
This hands-on marketing specialist will help evolve the events organization to a more analytical approach to event management and event ROI. This is an exciting opportunity for a technology savvy marketing professional to drive regional sales growth. This role is a good foundation for advancement in marketing operations, marketing automation, event management or marketing management in a leading global organization.
• Accelerate growth of our Tyco Retail Solutions portfolio (part of Johnson Controls) which includes the ShopperTrak, Sensormatic and TrueVUE brand via memorable events. Specific events to be produced include large users groups, trade shows, regional customer dinners and internal events such as sales meetings.
• Maximize events program effectiveness and productivity via analytics, developing and managing to established metrics and KPIs.
Duties will include:
• Managing global event calendar
• Managing or coordinating outsourced meeting planning services
• Creating project plans for event preparation, event execution, and post-show event reporting.
• Budgeting and financial reconciliation of event expenses.
• Presenting event project plans to cross functional teams, such as finance or product management.
• Reporting on event outcomes, via surveys, analysis, and Salesforce reporting.
• Maintaining files & records of events, e.g. attendee lists
• Working at select events and interacting with customers and prospects
This individual will work collaboratively with the Marketing Manager-Events and other team members to carry out key activities in the successful planning and execution of events. Typical events to be produced include large users groups, trade shows, regional customer dinners and internal events such as sales meetings.
• Highly organized and detail-oriented
• Advanced communications skills, ability to communicate complex concepts clearly to multiple audiences, from executive management to peers, to front line employees
• Action oriented / strong business acumen / logical thinker
• Ability to lead and participate in cross-functional teams in a highly matrixed environment
• Interested in trends, international culture, entertainment and cuisine
• Bachelor's Degree (Business, Communications, or Marketing)
• Ability to travel up to 25% of the time, including weekends
• Bilingual English / Spanish a plus
• Event management experience a plus
• Project management certifications a plus (e.g. green belt, PMP)
• Retail experience a plus