NYC 299 Park Avenue (22957), United States of America, New York, New York
Marketing Principal Associate- Commercial Bank
Capital One is seeking a Marketing Principal Associate with business-to-business experience to drive marketing strategy and execution for Capital One Commercial’s Treasury Management business. This is an exciting time to join the Commercial marketing team, as we’re expanding into new channels, deepening our content marketing capabilities, and actively connecting marketing activities to the sales process.
In this role, you will drive the Commercial brand and business forward by developing a customer-focused, integrated marketing strategy that capitalizes on business opportunities, enhances brand awareness and supports the sales process. The ideal candidate will have deep marketing, creative and analytical acumen with a thorough understanding of key marketing disciplines – digital, social, advertising, events, earned and content marketing.
- Help define marketing strategy and develop a customer-centric, multi-channel marketing plan that influences customers and prospects along the sales cycle and drives business results.
- Work closely with business leaders and leverage market, competitive and customer intelligence to develop a deep understanding of market opportunities, customer insights and business drivers.
- Spearhead development of a content strategy and editorial calendar in collaboration with business, PR and channel marketing partners in order to enhance our brand position and thought leadership and awareness as a market leader.
- Provide strategic direction to marketing channel partners for the development of advertising campaigns, web site enhancements, email marketing, and social marketing, along with industry and customer-centric events to support key business priorities.
- Collaborate with business and channel marketing partners to refine our value proposition and messaging platform to effectively influence prospects to drive consideration.
- Partner with sales and vertical LOB marketing teams to develop core sales support materials including collateral and pitch book templates, brochures, etc. to ensure salient, customer-focused and brand compliant communications.
- Collaborate with marketing analysts and channel partners to develop test and learn agendas and best practices that optimize marketing and content effectiveness.
- Establish Capital One’s TM business as a thought leader, driving a reputation for innovation in the commercial bank
- Present results in clear and organized manner, translating campaign learning into actionable marketing recommendations.
- Balance/manage multiple projects simultaneously; manage cross-channel marketing plan to deliver results within budget.
- Champion use of new approaches to improve and measure effectiveness of communications.
The successful hire will have/be:
- Proficiency in Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Excellent writing, communications, and creative evaluation skills
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and strategically
- Ability to influence cross-functional teams and multiple stakeholders at all levels within the organization
- Proven track record of navigating through complex processes to achieve results.
- Ability to clearly and concisely convey ideas to senior leadership, simplify complex issues into actionable strategies and deliver strong communications solutions
- A flexible team player attitude with ability to work independently and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, ambiguous, high-energy environment
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Experience in providing sound, strategic recommendations
- A self-starter with exceptional attention to detail and follow-up
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of marketing experience or at least 3 years of advertising experience
- 5-8 years of marketing experience or advertising experience
- 1-2 years of financial services experience, ideally involving Treasury / Cash Management
- 1-2 years of business-to-business (B2B) marketing experience
- Master’s degree
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.