Additional Location(s) or Information: anywhere in U.S.
Job Category: Marketing
Level of Experience: Experienced - Non Manager
Requisition #: R1022980
The Business Entity
Our customers are becoming digital businesses to transform the way they interact with their customers, achieve operational efficiencies, and overhaul their own business models. They are capitalizing on the billions of devices connecting to the Internet today by analyzing data from those devices for insights and then getting those insights to the people and processes who can take real-time, informed action at the point of impact. The challenge is that these devices, people, and processes are hyper-distributed both geographically and organizationally, so traditional methods of analytics and automation are left in the dark. Cisco is solving this challenge with its Analytics and Automation software portfolio, bringing hyper-connectivity to data, people, applications and processes.The Team
Shape the next generation of technology and make a real impact every day with our customers, partners and field. Come join the Enterprise Solutions Marketing Strategy and Planning Team as a Marketing Program Manager. We need creative, organized and seasoned Marketing individuals with content/campaign planning systems and digital platforms, program management, web strategy, writing and editing experience to help us educate, manage, and introduce next generation content marketing platforms to our org. We're an innovative and driven team that is energized by positioning Cisco's unique differentiators, is agile in our execution, and always finds a way to "get it done".Role & Responsibilities
Working within the Enterprise Solutions Marketing Strategy and Planning Team, the successful candidate will be responsible for learning, understanding, and aligning the ESM team on internal web, planning, sales, and content repository platforms being delivered by the corporate Digital Marketing team. This person will also deliver ESM's business and technical requirements to influence the future development of these internal platforms.
In this significant and exciting role you will:
• Work collaboratively across the internal Digital Marketing team, the corporate change management team, and Seller Acceleration team to understand the full spectrum of internal digital platforms available to us: Sales Connect, Marketing Library, CEC, Jive, Percolate, Folloze, etc.
• Work with platform owners and digital decision makers to influence the overall development and enhancement of our internal digital platforms
• Shape and re-shape the overall future strategy of these digital platforms by presenting both ESM's business needs and technical requirements to the platform developers. Be firm but flexible. Proactive, not reactive. Don't sit on the sidelines and wait for things to happen.
• Deliver regular updates, education and drive change management to the whole ESM team on an ongoing basis (monthly lunch and learn) to keep the team informed and up to date on the latest company direction and how we align to it
• Drive alignment and adoption of corporate content management and sales platforms
• Change Management: help introduce new platforms and influence behavior change across ESM.
• Bachelor's Degree in Business / Marketing or equivalent experience
• Detail oriented with proven program management skills• Very good communication, education and presentation skills, especially the ability to outline overall strategy and plan to various audiences at all levels (IC to VP)
• Proven ability to lead cross-functional and matrixed teams
• Experience in working globally with various stakeholders such as Sales, Marketing, Channel, Engineering, etc.
• Experience with change management and influencing change across a large team
• Manage project scope & change with the ability to understand & communicate impacts to project, requirements, timeline, etc.
• Very strong program management and communications skills
• Detail oriented- verifies all work thoroughly to ensure accuracy
• Cross-functional collaboration and communication among Digital Marketing, sales, BU, and marketing teams
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
• Very organized and effective time management skills with ability to organize and prioritize workload
• Excellent organization, analytical and proven problem solving skills
• Positive attitude and thrives in a dynamic, team and ever changing environment
• Works both independently and in a team environment
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
Job Type: Experienced
Opportunity Category: Cloud, Data Center, Internet of Everything
A little about us:
We are one, big, techie, employee tribe that changes the world while having fun.