Reporting to the Senior Director, Away from Home Culinary Innovation, the Senior Marketing Manager will drive transformational pipeline and strategy work for K-12 schools portfolio and for AFH including our largest Tier 1 Priority customers (primarily YUM!) to drive growth in 2017 plus a 3 year future horizon. This role spans packaged snack innovation through to culinary, out of the bag innovation, bringing new product experiences to life through our largest customers, including Taco Bell. Away from Home has been identified as a key growth plank in PepsiCo's PSP, and K-12 is a key strategic growth channel, so this is an exciting time to join the team.
This role is an excellent critical experience for a leader who is looking for a broadening experience, driving strategy for a channel/pipeline, in addition to core innovation driving our FL governance processes to deliver the plan. The experience will enable new perspectives by looking at innovation outside the retail environment, working within a matrix, and shaping innovation processes with our biggest AFH customers.
The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of the consumer packaged goods industry, experience in building strategic plans, proven delivery of cross functional partnership, driving results and an ability to build and develop talent. Additionally, the candidate must possess strong networking skills and have the ability to manage a diverse and complex channel portfolio to ensure that key priorities are delivered. Knowledge of the Frito-Lay portfolio and system is an asset.
The role includes developing and executing the innovation strategy and pipeline for Tier 1 customers and K-12 schools:
- Develop customer and K-12 innovation pipelines with leadership and brand team wiring.
- Manage innovation commercialization across K-12 and customer to deliver plan targets.
- Lead process and planning to remove barriers, drive stakeholder alignment, and ensure disciplined approach to NPD/Stage Gate
- Drive project visibility across organization to build confidence and excitement for plans, in addition to identifying synergies across AFH and Retail.
- Ensure robust learning agenda to understand growth potential and address consumer opportunities.
- Support Away from Home annual planning process - SBR, PSP and AOP
- Coach 1 direct report, manage PDR processes, and support career progression.
This role has an L9 direct report Qualifications/Requirements Education/Certifications:
- Minimum Qualification: Undergraduate Degree
- Preferred: MBA with a concentration in Marketing
- A minimum of 10 years prior Marketing experience (if undergrad degree only) OR 8 years of prior Marketing experience (if Advanced Degree)
- Preferred: Prior Away from Home knowledge and/or Innovation experience
- Strong team leadership and talent development skills
- Proven track record of identifying rich consumer insights and translating them into effective marketing programs
- Passion for leading direct reports, extended team & agency partners to think & operate differently than existing paradigm
- Creative thinking and problem solving skills
- Prior P&L experience is required
- Strong collaboration, project management and influencing skills within a matrix environment
- Strong written and oral communications skills required with the ability to partner at all levels of the organization
- Must demonstrate professional maturity - ability to manage up/down, strong interpersonal skills for interaction with internal/external senior leaders
- Customer experience and/or experience presenting to external organizations
- Creative agency management experience, and expertise developing and executing promotions
Not Eligible for Relocation