The Marketing Senior Manager - HCP Promotions will function as the lead for opinion leader engagement, including managing a speaker bureau, executing speaker training, and developing and executing speaker programs. Responsibilities will also include managing Amgen's presence and participation in trade shows, congresses, etc.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual to join a high performing team committed to a successful launch of a novel post-menopausal osteoporosis product.
This role reports to the Marketing Director.
Opinion leader engagement, managing the speaker bureau, leading speaker training, developing and executing speaker programs
Managing Amgen's presence and participation in key trade shows and congresses
Coordinate and manage the work of multiple external strategic partners including agency of record and internal departments including marketing, market research, legal, regulatory, medical affairs, access marketing, corporate compliance, and information systems
Lead projects through the legal, regulatory, and medical review process
Help guide and shape strategic decisions and ensure flawless execution of promotional campaigns and programs
Ensure that budget management is a priority with all projects/budgets within approved limits
Manage agencies and external vendors to ensure quality and within cost and timeline
Support quarterly meetings with field sales team and incorporate suggestions as appropriate
Develop metrics to ensure success of marketing tactics
Engage often with opinion leaders and global marketing to ensure creation and seamless roll out of high impact, high value marketing tools that lay the foundation for launch
Executive updates: preparing and presenting work and findings on a regular basis
Advisory board planning, logistics and attendance
Doctorate degree & 2 years of marketing or sales management experience
Master's degree & 4 years of marketing or sales management experience
Bachelor's degree & 6 years of marketing or sales management experience
Associate's degree & 10 years of marketing or sales management experience
High school diploma / GED & 12 years of marketing or sales management experience
- MBA in marketing, healthcare management, or related discipline
- Prior launch experience and/or marketing experience in post-menopausal osteoporosis
- 2+ years of experience in developing, executing, and measuring marketing campaigns for specialty products; launch experience
- Track record of developing and implementing high impact promotional campaigns and marketing tools to be utilized by the field sales team
- Experience in Rheumatology, Endocrinology, Primary Care or other specialty markets
- Demonstrated analytical skills and the ability to think strategically and solve problems
- Ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally to drive business results in a heavily matrixed, fast-paced environment
- Strong leadership and ability to drive influence across stakeholders to set direction, align work efforts, and ensure outstanding execution
- Experience working closely with field sales organizations to implement marketing programs with measurable business impact
- Outstanding project management skills and experience managing multiple vendors and agency partners
- Ability to effectively manage multiple competing priorities
- Strong understanding of legal and regulatory environment in pharmaceutical promotions, pharma industry guidelines, and other compliance-related issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
A little about us:
Amgen values the leadership, skills and passion for serving that veterans exemplify and our constant commitment to hiring the best starts here.