The Marketing Services Associate will be responsible for serving as a strategic business partner and liaison across functional stakeholders (e.g. Commercial, Medical, Legal and Regulatory) to efficiently and effectively facilitate Shire's advertising and promotional material review process (CMLR) and drive CMLR alignment with commercial strategies and priorities.
Key responsibilities include:
- Coordinate and facilitate effective and efficient CMLR review meetings, managing the needs of cross-functional stakeholders.
- Work with assigned Shire brand teams to understand commercial strategies, identify key upcoming initiatives/events and anticipate resulting business needs and priorities for advertising and promotional material development, review and approval.
- Forecast demand for CMLR review and approval of materials for assigned brands.
- Establish and maintain strategic trusting relationships with cross-functional stakeholders, guiding and influencing collaborative activities and mutual decision-making.
- Proactively identify and implement opportunities for CMLR process improvement.
40% Process -
- Develop and maintain subject matter expertise on the advertising and promotional materials review and approval process (CMLR) and support Veeva Vault system (e.g. routing, approval and production of marketing tools).
- Maintain working knowledge of and adhere to relevant internal Shire policies, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and guidelines (e.g. corporate branding, corporate and commercial operations compliance, promotional material development guidelines).
- Identify and share best practices and lessons learned to enhance overall functional and business successes.
- Prioritize and multitask to enhance productivity and manage workload in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Deliver training with internal and external CMLR stakeholders as needed and serve as "go-to resource" for CMLR needs.
- Share CMLR process metrics with assigned franchise brand(s) and coordinate with Marketing Services Manager to provide insights and discuss improvement opportunities with relevant brand teams.
- Continuously identify and recommend process innovations with a focus on optimizing the effectiveness and efficiency of the support provided to the franchise brand teams (e.g. yield improved customer satisfaction, reduce review cycle time).
- Identify and escalate potential risks to the Marketing Services Manager.
- Support timely and appropriate fulfillment and expiration of materials
30% Project Management -
- Forecast demand for CMLR review and approval of materials with assigned franchise brands, understanding of commercial strategy, business needs and upcoming key initiatives/ events.
- Drive prioritization of brand initiatives/materials through CMLR based on understanding of business priorities, needs, volume and complexity of materials.
- Coordinate and facilitate effective and efficient CMLR review meetings, managing the needs of cross-functional stakeholders in order to meet business needs.
- Anticipate challenges and offer recommendations and solutions to franchise brand project owners.
- Manage and track high priority items and coordinate with production team to ensure items are approved in a timely manner.
- Communicate timely and accurate information regarding project progress across functional teams in order to prioritize and meet timeline and quality standards.
30% Stakeholder Management -
- Coordinate with assigned Shire brand teams to understand commercial strategies, identify key upcoming initiatives/events, and anticipate resulting business needs and priorities for advertising and promotional material development, review and approval.
- Provide active support and drive alignment with cross functional review team - Commercial, Medical, Legal, and Regulatory - guiding review meeting activities and helping to create solutions to address business needs.
- Establish common ground between team members with divergent views and objectives.
- Strengthen partnerships with franchise brand teams and reviewers through excellent customer service, reinforcing the vision and value of the Marketing Services team.
- Encourage accountability and responsibility that enables others to act with integrity.
- Provide training of internal and external stakeholders on CMLR processes and expectations.
- Bachelor Degree required; Advanced degree preferred
- 3-5 years of related experience in Healthcare commercial operations role
- Experience working with advertising and promotional process recommended
- Marketing experience preferred
- Experience working in regulated operations environment required
- Experience working with cross-functional groups and teams to achieve common goals required
- Project management experience required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required