Marketing/Business Manager - Roundup Lawn & Garden, job description:
The Roundup Lawn & Garden Marketing/Business Manager will be accountable for the North America P&L. The successful candidate will develop and execute the brand's growth strategies for the consumer lawn & garden business. Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop marketing and financial plans to optimize short and long term volume and profit performance
- Lead cross functional team through all phases of new product development and market introduction
- Guide outside business partner and the Roundup team in developing line review presentations for key accounts
- Set customer pricing annually on product portfolio
- Evaluate promotional programs and analyze profit impact
- Guide the development of brand advertising and promotional campaigns.
- Direct market research in both proprietary studies and identifying/tracking market trends in the Lawn & Garden industry
- Prepare competitive analysis
- Manage day-to-day tactical responsibilities
- Administration of complex Global Agency Agreement with outside business partner
- Manage and negotiate commercial contracts
- Responsibility of acting as one of the key contacts for external business partners.
- Bachelor degree, MBA strongly preferred
- 4+ years brand management experience in consumer packaged goods
- Strong strategic skills to drive short and long term brand growth and profitability
- Strong leadership skills
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated excellent analytical skills including analyzing complex data and situations and developing solutions
- Proven project management and organizational skills including ability to drive new product development.
- Develop relationships and people
- Foster teamwork and work effectively across both internal and external matrix organization which collaborates on a wide variety of disciplines including marketing, regulatory, finance, legal, R&D, manufacturing, and operations.
- Utilize quantitative, qualitative and syndicated research to make business decisions
- Communicate and influence a diverse working team that may have different business objectives and styles
A little about us:
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.