Marketing Specialist (Job Number: 024670)
Deerfield Corporate - 200 WILMOT RD
200 WILMOT RD
This is a very exciting time at Walgreens. We're taking our products and services to the four corners of the world as part of the Retail USA division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Walgreens Boots Alliance was formed through the combination of Walgreens and Europe's Alliance Boots in December 2014, bringing together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services dating back more than 100 years each.
Today, Walgreens is the neighborhood drugstore and retailer that makes health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And, we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Join us at Walgreens and find yourself at a place where innovation thrives and incredible career and growth opportunities await. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment and be part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, employees, and the communities we all call home. Job Summary
The Marketing Specialist is responsible for the execution of integrated marketing programs for projects that support product/service profit objectives, driving demand for Walgreens offerings through unique and competitive retail positioning. Job Responsibilities
- Develops strategic marketing briefs to ensure the attainment of business objectives, marketing objectives, sales goals, customer goals and vendor agreements.
- Works collaboratively with internal and external partners to develop media, secure approval, communicate status and achieve production deadlines (e.g. mass advertising, promotional programs, microsites, social media, direct marketing and event strategies).
- Develops and maintains marketing project schedules and status reports; obtains cost estimates; and tracks actual expenses.
- Provides the creative staff and agencies with clear project direction on target audience, customer insights, marketing objectives and value proposition.
- Performs ongoing audits of existing project material to ensure consistency of messaging, adherence to brand guidelines, compliance and product/service accuracy.
- Collaborates to develop a set of measurement criteria to pinpoint effectiveness of marketing strategies and tactics on sales, retention and satisfaction. Monitors results.
- Maintains knowledge of retail capabilities, customer needs, internal operations processes and competitive maneuvers.
Qualifications Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 3 years of marketing experience such as product marketing, advertising, creative services or customer insights OR High School Diploma/GED and at least 6 years of marketing experience such as product marketing, advertising, creative services or customer insights.
- At least 3 years of experience collaborating with (internal resources, external resources, both) to develop strategies that meet department goals within budget and established timelines).
- At least 2 years of experience presenting and reporting on project plans and cost benefit analyses to appropriate stakeholders, executives and senior management.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience developing ways of accomplishing goals with little or no supervision, depending on oneself to complete objectives and determining when escalation of issues is necessary.
- Experience establishing and maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community and with vendors.
- Experience developing and delivering presentations to various audience levels within an organization.
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: changing picture styles, customizing animation and/or setting automatic slide timings).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Willing to travel up to 5% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- BA Marketing, Advertising, Business, or Journalism.
- At least 3 years of experience integrated marketing or marketing analysis.
- At least 3 years of experience working collaboratively with internal cross-functional teams and in environments with structured marketing processes.
- At least 2 years of experience working with budgets and project management.
- Experience in marketing analytics and understanding quantitative analysis.
- At least 2 years of experience using competitive and customer insights to refine marketing plans or campaigns.
- Experience in consumer package goods, healthcare or retail marketing.
- Experience developing marketing value propositions and positioning statements.
- Experience in marketing national, direct-to-consumer programs.
- Experience implementing both acquisition and retention marketing initiatives.
- Exposure to a regulated environment with privacy, compliance and legal guidelines.
- Experience in the Health and Wellness Industry (including Managed Care, Pharmaceuticals and Hospital Systems).
- Experience executing marketing programs for immunization services projects.
- Experience working in for-profit, corporate work environment.
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.