Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
The Comcast Business Marketing Specialist is responsible for supporting the Marketing team. We are looking for an extremely pro-active, organized and self-motivated individual. This individual will report to the Marketing Manager. The Marketing Specialist will be responsible for end-to-end event coordination, execution and follow-up. In addition, the Specialist will focus on Chamber of Commerce and Association activities. The Specialist will also support the ordering and distribution of Promotional items, Collateral, Apparel, Sales Incentives and other Marketing related needs for Comcast Business California. The optimal candidate has prior experience with event execution in a B2B environment along with experience using CRM tools.
- Pre-Planning events including budgetary approval from Leadership
- Coordination, Execution and Post Event follow-up
- Work with outside vendors on registration and payment for events
- Identify and coordinate with internal teams proper event staffing
- Follow up with Sales team on sales activity from event including lead tracking
- Identify advertising, marketing and PR opportunities as related to events and ensure all meet Brand Standards
- Manage and update Monthly Marketing Calendar
- Identify and communicate new events and Associations to participate in based on Sales Vertical targets
- Coordinate Chamber and Association payments, activities and marketing opportunities with Sales and Marketing Leadership
- Research, communicate, order and distribute collateral materials for Sales and other programs
- Promotional item and Apparel ordering
- Regular Field visits and new hire meetings that include Marketing and Program Updates, Trainings, other as needed
- Back-up for lead reassignments as needed
- Support Sales Operations Team on Regional incentives as needed
- Researches, writes, and develops supporting marketing materials and presents recommendations to Marketing Manager or internal committee.
- Reviews literature pertaining to the current marketing project and previous marketing materials used in the assignment area.
- Acts as a point of contact for questions on department communications materials.
- Provides leadership and oversight to lower-level Marketing Specialists.
- Gathers materials of competitive companies in the field.
- Assists in translating business needs into analysis designs providing insight, knowledge, and understanding of customers, products, and industries.
- Helps to create reporting to measure success of Marketing programs.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 5-7 years related experience
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to operate under pressure and meet tight timelines
- Attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- Excellent Communications Skills
- Customer service oriented
- Excellent organization and planning skills
- Project Management and Execution
- Self-Motivated, Confident and Energetic
- Excellent Project Execution Skills
- Solution Focused
- Agility & Adaptability
- Business Writing Skills
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer