Job Location: United States : North Carolina : Cary
As part of the Global Marketing Technology organization, this position will play a critical role in providing guidance and coordination around digital capability initiatives within the organization. In this role, you will manage the software delivery lifecycle, identify technology feature sets, and collaboratively lead the team, ensuring all deliverables adhere to schedule, budget and quality. With a focus on delivery excellence and rapid innovation, you will be at the forefront of technology enablement as we enhance our global digital marketing strategy.
- Innovation & Strategy: Full understanding of the capabilities available for platforms offered in your program, and provide guidance to stakeholders on how those features can drive our digital marketing goals. Provide thought leadership and create an environment that fosters innovation and a test & learn culture. Ability to connect the dots between multiple projects within a program to ensure strategic alignment across the portfolio.
- Technical Leadership: Provide guidance to drive an on time and high quality delivery. Participate in technical discussions as needed to problem solve solutions with application development teams, and be able to translate technical roadblocks into business risks with proposed solutions.
- Project Management Standards: Manage organizational demand/capacity view and resource assignments. Manage and escalate risks/issues/decisions/change requests. Ensure process compliance and delivery excellence across multiple projects within a program.
- Leadership Direction: Garner support for project management standards from business partners and various lines of business to ensure stakeholders have representation within the project governance organization.
- Cost Management: Manage, monitor, and track project-related costs to monitor spending and ensure financial accuracy. With a focus on budget management, you will provide an executive level view for stakeholders to communicate spending and present cost-benefit analyses to support the implementation of projects.
- Vendor Management: Manage invoices, change orders, and SOWs to ensure prompt approval of vendor needs.
- Collaboration & Communication: Maintain regular communication with both the customer and internal teams, and constantly manage partner expectations (global time-zone availability required).
- 5+ years experience in SDLC as a technical project lead
- 5+ years experience in a Project Management Office
- 3+ years experience with project management processes, cost-benefit analysis, deployment standards, and consolidation of intellectual capital
- 3+ years experience managing teams
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 43622