With a nationwide sales team and several manufacturing locations, B. Braun Medical has become a leading full-line supplier of healthcare products and services in the U.S. The company is committed to delivering innovative products and services with unmatched quality, superior technology, and cost-effectiveness, while maintaining environmental responsibility. Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. B. Braun employs over 4,500 people in the USA. B. Braun Medical Inc. began its operations in the USA in 1957. Initially, the company manufactured and sold disposable plastic syringes. During the 1980s and early 1990s, the company undertook several expansions and enlarged its product line of disposable medical devices. With the acquisition of McGaw, Inc. in 1997, including Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc. (CAPS®), B. Braun dramatically broadened its product lines and services to U.S. customers.
U.S. Facilities and Operations:
Supporting product sales are a network of nationwide marketing and manufacturing locations. Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, is home to the U.S. Corporate Headquarters along with the marketing offices of the Hospital, Outpatient Markets (OPM), Renal Therapies, Vascular Interventional, International, and OEM Divisions. Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc.(CAPS®) is also managed from this location. The nearby Allentown, Pennsylvania, facility manufactures Needle-free products, IV Safety Catheters, Anesthesia Systems, Introducers, Pharmacy Admixture products. Vascular products including Right Heart Catheters and Interventional Accessories are also manufactured in Allentown. The Irvine, California facility produces IV Solutions, Basic and Specialty Nutrition, Drug Delivery, and BTC products. Infusion Pump Systems are manufactured in Carrollton, Texas and IV administration and IV and Irrigation sets are produced in the Dominican Republic. Responsibilities Position Summary:
The Master Data Analyst will have the responsibility for the process of generating and maintaining the master data elements used within SAP ERP system. This person will interface with various functional areas to ensure that accurate master data is being generated, entered into the system and maintained as changes to the business occur; and will also work together with functional departments to ensure that Master Data can be reported as required to meet the Regulatory and business needs. This person will assist the functional areas in generating, entering and maintain the master data content. This person will function as a requestor for central master server information; review and evaluate master data for accuracy and compliance to corporate standards prior to submission to the CMS global transfer point. The Master Data Analyst will report directly to the Master Data Manager. Responsibilities: Essential Duties
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Function as a requestor for central master server information; review and evaluate master data for accuracy and compliance to corporate standards prior to submission to the CMS global transfer point.
- Coordinate and document departmental training for applicable new/revised procedures.
- Participate in continuous improvement projects and implementation teams.
- Assist other department members with workloads as needed.
- Assist in the creation of standard work to ensure most efficient and consistent processes for entering required master data into SAP, updating the master data and monitoring the quality and accuracy of the data as business changes occur.
- Collaborate in the process to fully define new master data requirements by working with relevant functional leaders to crate and or modify procedures to capture, maintain and report on new master data as required.
- Work in conjunction with IT and functional departments to define reporting requirements and develop required reports/reporting.
- Collaborate cross-functionally and hold functional groups accountable for master data content and maintenance.
- Identify and develop Superusers community across BBMUS for Master Data. Work in conjunction with IT to develop relevant training and ensure maintenance and advancement of Superusers.
- Execute audit and resolution processes to evaluate existing data to ensure accuracy when compared to our ERP system.
- Ensure the Global Trade Item Number (GTIN) assignment and maintenance process within US. Serve as a subject matter expert relating to B. Braun's GTIN assignment and maintenance.
- Ensure data pool requirements meet compliance with global standards and industry requirements such as GS1 data synchronization via GDSN, FDA submissions for UDI / GUDID (via 1WorldSync), and HL7.
- Respond to both internal and external requests for GTIN data and/or data synchronization.
- Reconcile issues with GTIN data and determine proper approach.
- Reconciles issues related to SAP material master IDOCs and coordinates activities with IT and business stakeholders to clear the IDOC errors.
Qualifications Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc
- Quality Systems requirements specifically related to Document and Data Control Requirements
- Excellent computer skills including document management software and proficiency with Windows, Word, and Excel. Familiarity with manufacturing systems software (SAP preferred).
- Exceptional communication skills. Ability to successfully interact in a professional manner with all levels of staff in a variety of locations (some international).
- Extensive organization skills and high attention to detail.
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple projects and priorities.
- Bachelors Degree in an applicable field (i.e. Business, Engineering, Data Management or Business Intelligence).
- Professional position requiring excellent communication, organizational, and computer skills and exposure to Quality Systems in a regulated manufacturing industry.
- Industry experience in a regulated manufacturing environment or an equivalent combination of education and experience (4 years).
- Understanding of core ERP master data elements with an ERP system and experience maintaining master data (3-5 years).
- Experience developing standard work and documenting through Standard Operation Procedures or business process documents.
- Experience in an FDA regulated environment and compliance to CFR requirements.
- Knowledge of Project Life Cycle Management (PLM, PDM)
- Knowledge of SAP Business Workflow Systems
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled.
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. Other Responsibilities: Other Duties
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
One of the world's leading healthcare suppliers.