More information about this job:OVERVIEW:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE: Provides day to day leadership and support to Master Data staff/teams for customer and vendor. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION:
- Provides day-to-day direction to SBS Finance Master Data staff including proactive guidance, troubleshooting support, and issue escalation
- Delegates work and coordinates activities of staff members and teams
- Ensures accuracy of Finance- and Credit-related master data and timely processing of requests for updates
- Ensures timely and accurate setup of customer payment types
- Governance and continuous improvement of Master Data related systems
- Partner with IT to develop MDM plan, tool selection and implementation
- Lead MDM cross functional participation to continually monitor, resolve and improve data quality for master data domains (customer, vendor)
- Management, supervision, training and development of master data team
- Has responsibility for leading, developing, and supporting SBS Finance Master Data staff/team
- Supports recruiting, staffing, training and onboarding processes as appropriate
- Assists with performance management processes (e.g., goal setting, performance evaluation, etc.); completes performance evaluations for assigned staff
- Oversees time management processes (e.g., time approval, scheduling, etc.)
- Performs other supervisory responsibilities as appropriate
- Provide cross-functional assistance and strategic leadership to overall master data strategy
- Development and maintenance of MDM processes and governance
- Provide leadership for MDM initiatives for key domains (customer, vendor)
- Focus relentlessly on streamlining processes for customer/vendor master creation and maintenance processes
- Track team and individual productivity
- Lead continuous improvement efforts for master data
- Completes master data staff responsibilities (as necessary and appropriate)
Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Experieince PREFERRED EDUCATION:
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Management Information Systems REQUIRED MINIMUM EXPERIENCE:
5 + years experience in master data PREFERRED EXPERIENCE:
CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- 5+ years experience in master data management in Foodservice industry
- Experience in defining, mapping, designing, and leading creation of master data setup and maintenance processes
- Lead or Supervisory/training experience
Proficiency with Microsoft Office and specialized accounting / finance software. ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
KEY INTERNAL/EXTERNAL CONTACTS:
- Effective interpersonal and communication (oral, written and listening) skills.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Ability to independently and proactively resolve problems within established parameters.
- Ability to plan and carry out assigned projects, resolve most of the conflicts, coordinate work with others and interpret policies on own initiative.
- Ability to research information, and analyze data to arrive at valid conclusions for recommending plans of action.
- Ability to prepare reports and present ideas clearly and concisely to all levels of the organization both orally and written.
- Ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion in establishing and maintaining good working relationship with both internal and external clients.
- SBS staff
- OPCO Credit Personnel
- Corporate MDM Strategy teamas
- Sales personnel
- There will be some contact with customers regarding credit term and application issues
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunityis available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.