Plano 6 (31066), United States of America, Plano, Texas
Master Desktop Engineer
FS Productivity Engineering is a newly created function for the Financial Services Division of CapitalOne. We are on the search for a Lead Productivity Engineer to join a dynamic, quirky, disruptive team dedicated to delivering innovative, customer friendly, and enabling solutions to increase productivity to over 7000+ end points.
The right person selected will partner with the Enterprise Engineering team for the strategy and direction of the Windows, Desktop, Mobility and collaboration tool platforms for CapitalOne. Your days will be full of researching, designing, developing, testing, delivering and setting the direction for Capital One’s FS Division platform; as well as, coming up with CREATIVE INNOVATIVE solutions that will help increase the productivity of our users and also to resolve nagging issues that only the brightest can solve. There will be ample opportunity to learn new approaches, methods, and technologies; and to work as part of a team that is made up of passionate, energetic, quirky, and team first individuals that want to make our products better.
- Innovate and Engineer solutions for the Microsoft Windows, Linux, iOS, Virtual Desktop, Mobility, Collaboration tools to increase productivity for our users.
- Collaborate with the Enterprise Technical teams to deliver seamless upgrades to Financial Services users. Proactive mindset is key to be able to foresee potential issues.
- Active participation in initiatives to support strategic business objectives.
- Remove Tech Goo from our environment no matter where it is found.
- Adopt, embrace, and promote Agile/KanBan and rapid innovation practices with your peers.
- Ensure all products conform to the highest architectural and engineering standards.
- Champion ways to improve reusability, refine existing work-products for modularity, risk mitigation, and delivery.
- Mentor, advise, and guide others, for the appropriate use of technologies, tools, and processes.
Your experience probably includes a few of these:
- Master 3rd and 4th level Desktop Engineer, that can, not only fix issues but has the proactive prowess to identify and create solutions to avoid problems before they occur.
- Experience delivering seamless Technical solutions partnered with strong Project Management methods to a 10,000+ user base.
- Innovator who loves technology and wants to apply it for the collective good of others.
- A Go-Getter, somebody that doesn’t require micro supervision, but will in fact hunt Technical nuisances that affect productivity, to then influence and engineer solutions for them.
- Ability to deliver high quality solutions in a dynamic environment.
- Understanding of and has used Agile/Scrum/KanBan rapid innovation practices and methods.
- Ability to mentor and influence across teams of Platform and Software Engineers as well as Senior Executives to influence them into your way of thinking.
- Excellent written/verbal/Presentation communications with outstanding attention to details.
- Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills; understanding how to mitigate an issue and then resolve it at a later point.
- High School Diploma, GED, equivalent certification, or military experience
- At least 5 years of architecting and engineering enterprise desktop and bespoke solutions at a Fortune 500 company with 10,000 or more endpoints.
- At least 2 years of experience with Windows 7 or higher and at least 2 years of experience with iOS.
- At least 2 years of experience with Powershell or at least 2 years of experience with other Windows scripting languages.
- At least 2 years of experience with Citrix/VMWare View or a similar Desktop as a Service virtualization technology such as Amazon Workspace.
- At least 2 years of experience in SCCM, Desktop Images, Active Directory, Group Policy, Microsoft Office 365/One Drive/Team Sites.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.