Under the direction of Distribution Center (DC) management, leads and performs maintenance of facilities and equipment to maximize Operations performance.Job Responsibilities (listed in order of importance and/or time spent)
- Prioritizes and coordinates work assignments for Senior Maintenance Technicians/Maintenance Technicians to ensure critical work assignments are completed correctly and on a timely basis.
- Coaches Senior Maintenance Technicians/Maintenance Technicians through orientation, training, establishment of objectives, communication of good maintenance practices.
- Directs, schedules and performs:
- preventative maintenance tasks and minor mechanical repairs to material-handling and other Distribution Center (DC) equipment.
- preventative, corrective, and predictive maintenance on high-tech automated equipment.
- Directs and uses Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)-generated preventive maintenance worksheets to maintain distribution machinery and equipment according to the manufacturer's recommendations and good maintenance practices.
- Maintains a safe work environment by documenting and correcting potential safety issues concerning material-handling equipment or distribution center facility.
- Associate's degree in Industrial or Maintenance Technology AND at least 3 years of maintenance experience in a facilities, United States Armed Forces, distribution and/or manufacturing environment OR at least 5 years of maintenance experience in a facilities, United States Armed Forces, distribution and/or manufacturing environment.
- At least 3 years' experience with industrial electricity including single-phase and three-phase power, motors, protective devices and/or photo sensors.
- At least 3 years' experience with Programmable Logic Controller (PLC )logic principles.
- At least 3 years' experience uploading and downloading Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), System Control Software (SCSs), and scanners.
- At least 3 years' experience with electronics such as photo sensors, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), remote Input/Output modules (I/Os), servo drives, and variable frequency drives.
- Willing and able to climb to the 100-foot level to make repairs with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Willing and able to lift parts and tools weighing up to 80 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Willing and able to perform tasks which include repetitive bending, crouching, kneeling, reaching, twisting, sitting, standing, and walking with or without reasonable accommodation.
- At least 1 year experience in indirect management of team members, including assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other team members.
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.