Our Client located in Hammond, is in need of a Master Mechanic!
• Must be proficient in all aspects of mechanical repairs.
• Receives instructions covering scheduled and emergency repair, installation and inspection work to be done.
• Inspects plant equipment for defects such as misalignment, wear, insufficient lubrication, etc.
• Determines the best way to make repairs to minimize interruption of production. Advises when immediate shut down of equipment is necessary to minimize damage or when temporarily continued operation will have no harmful effect.
• Dismantles, cleans, repairs, replaces, installs, maintains, assemblies and lubricates mechanical equipment.
• Adjust equipment for proper repairs.
• Assemblies and aligns gears, bearings and shafts, involving the application of press, sliding and running fits.
• Performs all rigging as necessary.
• Operates machine tools, such as drill press, pipe threading machine, power saw, etc.
• Performs all mechanical repairs as required.
• Layouts, installs, maintains and repairs all types of pipe lines, fittings, fixtures and pressure systems as required.
• Performs metal fabrication as required.
• Repairs hydraulic, air, gas or water systems and components.
• Repairs and replaces pipe as required.
• Removes and installs complete operating components cylinders, oil pumps, valves etc. repair pumps, compressors, blowers, etc.
• Troubleshoots hydraulic problems with presses and associated hydraulic equipment using hydraulic schematics.
• Complete necessary reports on preventative maintenance and other equipment inspection checklists.
• Document all work performed on Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) if required.
• Performs all tasks as outlined in the job description
• Pass a written test with a minimum score of 60%. (Hydraulics & Pneumatic, Print Reading, Power Transmissions & Lubrication, Pumps & Piping, Mechanical Maintenance Principles)
• Satisfactorily pass a practical hands-on welding and burning test.
• Able to read mechanical and hydraulic schematics.
• Machinery must be maintained to obtain the highest quality possible.
• Employee will follow current quality policies and practices to strive for zero defects and continuous improvements.
Safety Related Responsibilities:
• Must lock out all equipment prior to repairing it.
• Must perform all repairs following the company's safety policies.
• Observe and follow all departmental safety rules and regulations (including Life Critical Safety Rules)
Environmental Related Responsibilities:
• Employee is expected to know, understand and follow all applicable Federal, State, and Local environmental legal requirements and practices.
• Responsible for and completing all required annual safety and environmental training.
• Responsible for spill prevention, containment, response and clean up or assist in clean-up a for liquid materials spills.
• Tasks which have significant environmental impacts are (i.e. noncontact cooling water, spill prevention, bag houses for dust collections).
***No Phone Calls Please***Qualified Applicants please apply online****
A little about us:
We partner with people to improve skills, teams and lives every day, and we help them achieve more than they ever thought possible.