West Creek 5 (12075), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Master Platform Engineer
Do you think about writing beautiful code while eating breakfast? Do you build applications you are proud of and want to tell your friends about them? Do you get excited about scaling applications to millions of users? Do you appreciate elegant solutions but also know when to build simple first and iterate?
Capital One is actively seeking highly creative and intellectually curious Software Engineers who are passionate about technology to join our team! This is an opportunity to display knowledge of your craft by having a hand in building large scale reliable applications to impact the way that Capital One does business. You will participate in detailed technical design, development, implementation, and support of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms.
- Work as part of a dynamic team throughout the software development life cycle
- Collaborate with delivery teams to implement enhancements or new applications
- Maintain records to document program development and revisions
- Maintain system documentation used by production support personnel
- User audits and Sarbanes-Oxley controls for multiple commercial applications
- Governance and process controls
- Provide support and coordination activities on complex and high impacting production incidents.
- Provide management for the support, availability, operation, and recoverability of the environments.
- Monitor application performance, troubleshoot application performance issues, address infrastructure or performance related trouble ticket.
- High School diploma, GED, equivalent certification or military experience
- 2 years of experience in application development utilizing Structured Query Language (SQL) in a SQL Server environment for the purpose of designing & developing code for data extraction and data analysis
- 2 years’ experience producing engineering design artifacts
- Business Process Management (BPM) experience
- Good communication and influencing capability
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to understand, troubleshoot and resolve batch related issues
- Understanding of web site management and configuration (i.e. config files, user permissions, etc.), basic web development experience, knowledge of multi factor authentication solutions and/or web application installation and management experience
- Strong knowledge of Windows Server administration related to application installation and support and/or understanding of Active Directory groups, application permissions, etc.
- Experience navigating Unix operating systems, experience reading Unix logs and details, ability to understand Unix directory and file permissions, and the ability to create basic Unix batch scripts
- Experience with Control – M or similar job scheduling tools, strong documentation skills, the ability to document system designs, install / implementation steps and TOSSG documents and the ability to drive incident resolutions
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.