At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Master Quality Technician for the Electrical Markets Division located in Austin, Texas. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
At 3M, we believe the right science applied the right way touches people worldwide, generating breakthroughs that make lives everywhere better, easier and more complete. Asking 'what if' is our way of life. Each day we're building, growing and working together to generate solutions to improve lives. We are a company of free-thinking, curious, caring and optimistic people working together to provide practical solutions that help our customers and the world around us. We embrace the creativity and risk-taking it requires to make progress possible. Here, the work we do is applying science to life.About Electrical Markets Division:
A global market leader and provider of innovative, high quality & valued-brand electrical products for these applications and markets: Conducting, Sealing, Insulating, Connecting, Terminating, Electrical OEM, Infrastructure, Electric Utility, and Electrical Construction & Maintenance.Job Summary:
The person hired for the position of EMD Quality Technician will assume responsibility for a broad set of activities in support and stewardship of the division's Quality Systems.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Routine testing for Finished Product, In-process and Incoming raw material testing with minimal supervision (Testing might include sampling and handling samples up to 20 lbs.
- Collaborating in a fast-paced team environment, working within and across different groups.
- Participating in laboratory development activities for new products and processes.
- Supporting product qualifications, quality improvement activity, and product audits.
- Utilizing LIMS, eMatrix and other Computer Systems.
- Preparing written test reports.
- Maintaining lab, equipment and area cleanliness and safe operation; troubleshooting.
- Coordinating metrology certification of lab equipment.
- Administration of division Quality Management processes including complaint management, document management, and corrective action.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma/GED or higher from an accredited institution
- Minimum of one (1) year of quality experience
- Associates/Two year technical degree or higher from an accredited institution
- Microsoft Office proficient, intermediate Excel skills ideally. Ability to develop standard reports in Word. Maintain data repository and manipulate analytical data in Excel
- Technically sound communication skills, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to analyze data using Minitab statistical software
- Detail oriented
- Familiarity with 3M testing systems and 3M safety processes and procedures
- Ability to develop and implement Quality Systems
- Working knowledge of Lotus Notes database management, eNOVIA, SAP.
- Black Belt or Green Belt certified
- Flexible and responsive to changing priorities
May include up to 10% domestic/international travelRelocation:
Is not authorized
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.