This opening is with Arconic Power and Propulsion - a world leader in the investment casting of superalloys, aluminum and titanium primarily for jet aircraft and industrial gas turbine markets. For more information on Arconic, visit us online at www.arconic.com .
The Master Scheduler is responsible for creating and maintaining a valid master schedule for material and capacities by effectively balancing supply and demand for product. A valid master schedule is aligned with the operating plan resulting from S&OP and is the basis for detailed manufacturing schedules, which are executable on the shop floor, level loaded, and optimize capacity utilization and inventory.
- The Master Scheduler analyzes demand and supply at the item, customer, and master schedule levels, determines out-of-balance conditions, identifies alternatives and recommends actions for approval. Work with sales, marketing, and manufacturing to better understand competitive lead times for master scheduled items, seek ways to reduce internal lead times as well as lead times to the customer.
- Conduct rough-cut capacity planning prior to publishing a master schedule in which significant changes have occurred. Summarize daily and weekly master schedules for released orders and compare theses to the operating plan to ensure that the master schedule is aligned with S&OP commitments. Work within policy guidelines pertaining to master scheduling. Observe and follow all stated master scheduling procedures.
- Act as internal educator and consultant on master scheduling issues, providing education and training throughout the company to improve company-wide understanding of master scheduling functions.
- Identify, negotiate, and resolve conflicts with respect to material and capacity availability and order-promising integrity. Inform management when demand cannot be met and recommend alternatives on how the requested demand could be satisfied.
- Create a master schedule that satisfies customer demand while leveling work being released to manufacturing and optimizing inventory levels and resource utilization.
- Create a master schedule that can be used for detailed material/capacity planning as well as financial planning. Establish a working relationship with all company functions.
- Actively participate in Sales & Operations Planning, helping to set priorities when demand outstrips capacity. Run rough cut capacity planning monthly; maintain and update capacity data for all critical plant resources / work centers.
- Maintain a master schedule following the company policy of permitting no master schedule item to have a release date prior to current date (no past dues at the master schedule level).
- Maintain scheduling parameters, such as lead times, lot sizes, cycle times. Liaise with engineering to ensure appropriate labor, machine, and scrap standards are used in master scheduling.
- Review each master scheduled item at least weekly.
- Bachelors degree in Supply Chain, Business, or Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in roles of progressively increasing responsibilities in Production Planning in an industrial Manufacturing environment.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card Holder), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Previous experience as Master Scheduler/Capacity Planning
- Superior analytical skills, exceptional oral and written communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a collaborative and matrixed team environment
- APICS CPIM Certification; alternatively, achieving certification within eighteen months of assuming the position will be required.
- Fluency and proficiency in the practical application of MRP logic, scheduling logic, order policies, capacity planning, input/output control, product structures, routings, and standards maintenance
- Knowledgeable in master scheduling, demand management, stockroom, purchasing, design cell, and cost accounting techniques.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex material issues within the company.
- Highly skilled in data analysis, manipulation, and presentation, to include software skills with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, and Access
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.