201 Third Street (61049), United States of America, San Francisco, California
Master Software Engineer - Android
Capital One is a pioneer in financial services, a high-tech company, an innovation laboratory, and a nationally recognized brand that reaches millions of consumers. We are a passionate and entrepreneurial team that embraces bold ideas, fosters collaboration and delivers great consumer experiences. We are looking to change the way people engage with their money, their bank, and their financial lives. It's audacious work at a massive scale.
As a team, we come to work every day looking to build digital experiences that are authentic & bold. We'll improve, iterate and reimagine current digital platforms as we sharpen and create the next generation of our platforms. Our team is growing and we're looking for engineers who lead by doing, have a passion for solving problems and who exude professionalism every day.
At Capital One, the Android platform is recognized as an opportunity to reach our customers in unique, personal and engaging ways. Nothing is off limits as we explore exciting ways to take advantage of the full ecosystem of phones, tablets, Chromecast, Nexus Player, Android Wear, Google Glass and whatever future developments Google creates. Our engineers are provided with top of the line MacBook Pros, Thunderbolt monitors and the necessary tooling to develop the best possible products with the least amount of friction. We operate in small productive agile teams and use the best industry tools to collaborate across teams. If Jelly Bean and Kit Kat make you think of improved window buffer allocation and Host Card Emulation instead of tasty treats, then you need to come check us out!
- Develop Android client code solutions that deliver on Product Strategy and adhere to established engineering best practices, design guidelines and principles.
- Partner with Software Engineers, UX/UI, Quality Engineers, and Product Owners/Analysts to deliver high performing quality customer experiences that are engaging, purposeful and powerful in their simplicity.
- Actively participate in all team agile ceremonies and contributing to ensure that all team commitments are delivered on time and of the highest quality.
- Be an active advocate of the Android platform through both internal and external developer communities.
- Working to remain an active learner in all technologies related to Android development (Java, Android SDK, AndroidWear, Android Studio, Gradle, 3rd party libraries, Google developments, etc.).
- Influence and contribute to group discussions and incorporate feedback/communication from broader team.
- Mentor junior to mid-level members of the team.
- Actively engage with developers outside of the local sprint team across various disciplines (Android, iOS, APIs, Web, etc.).
- Own and lead delivery of major components and platform needs in partnership with senior engineers and Architects.
- Grow and provide SME level leadership.
- Proficiency with Android Studio Tooling.
- Demonstrated investment in Android development knowledge growth through self-study, side projects and/or school/work experience.
- Contributed towards an open source project.
- Presented coding topics to development peer group internal and external to work.
- Maintains an active public coding presence through GitHub.- Android sub-system or higher-level construct knowledge (Audio/Video, NDK, HCE, NFC, AOSP, Linux Kernel, etc.).
- Ability to detect and abstract common patterns in code.
- Bachelor's degree or military experience.
- At least 5 years of professional coding experience.
- At least 3 years of experience with Android.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science
- 6+ years of software development experience.
- 2+ years of experience in Agile and Scrum methodologies.
- 2+ years working on cross-location engineering teams.
- 2+ years of leading/overseeing/influencing development activity of multiple developers in a sprint team.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.