West Creek 6 (12076), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Master Software Engineer - DevOps
In this role, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end Java based systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data. You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: node.js, Java, AngularJS, React, Python, REST, JSON, XML, Ruby, HTML / HTML5, CSS, NoSQL databases, relational databases, Hadoop, Chef, Ansible, Docker, Jenkins, Nexus, Artifactory, Maven, iOS, Android, and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure to name a few.
You will apply your knowledge of management, software development methodologies, best practices and proven processes to develop and deliver all aspects of a continuous integration and deployment pipeline and support, leading the technical design and development of cross-functional, multi-platform application systems. You will have the opportunity to remain in a hands-on engineering role, writing beautiful code, while also providing functional and technical leadership, and mentoring software engineers on complex and high priority technology projects.
- Build Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, and Continuous Deployment automation leveraging tools and best practices that will support, enhance and grow Capital One’s CI and CD capabilities.
- Demonstrate very strong technical leadership including solid communication and analytical skills with thorough understanding of product development, successful problem definition, decomposition, estimation, and resolution.
- Influence other teams and broader Engineering groups in adopting Cloud technologies, processes, and best practices.
- Redesign legacy applications for Cloud implementation.
- Automate the provisioning of environments: cooking up some recipes with Chef or Ansible, and deploying environments using containers like Docker.
- Design and develop automation workflows, perform unit tests and conduct reviews to make sure your work is rigorously designed, elegantly coded, and effectively tuned for platform performance, and assess the overall quality of delivered components.
- Own the technical design and development of cross-functional, multi-platform application systems.
- Drive tactical delivery for multiple teams.
- Work with business partners, architects, and other groups to identify technical and functional needs of systems, and determine priority of needs.
- Ensure adherence to defined development life cycle, good software design practices, and Architecture strategy and intent
- Partner with product owners, scrum masters, and engineering leads to understand the scope of work, priorities, and requirements for development.
- Collaborate with performing teams to deliver new capabilities in business applications and/or remediate issues.
- Enforce company policies in areas of development methodology, architecture, security, change and configuration management, compliance, and HR.
- Analyze, define and document requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment
- Analyze and estimate feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs.
- Coordinate coding, testing, implementation and documentation of solutions.
- Responsible for key system design and integration decisions; and for communicating decisions to individuals implementing the system.
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of software development experience
- At least 5 years of experience managing large scale software development projects
- At least 3 years of experience in Agile methodologies
- At least 1 year of experience in DevOps and CI/CD Pipeline Automation
- At least 1 year of experience with Cloud based hosting solutions
- At least 1 year of developing automation workflows and routines using Open Source Tools such as Jenkins and Udeploy
- At least 1 year of experience with web services architecture
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Engineering
- Certified AWS Architect
- 8+ years of software development experience
- 5+ years of experience in Agile
- 5+ years of experience with OOP concepts and working with modern scripting languages and frameworks
- 3+ years of experience with Linux, server automation and scripting
- 3+ years of NoQSL and relational database experience with Oracle or SQL Server or PostgreSQL or MongoDB
- 3+ years of experience in people management
- 1+ year of experience with Container technology using Docker
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.