Master Software Engineer, DevOps
At Capital One, you'll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs. We want you to be curious and ask “what if?” Capital One started as an information strategy company that specialized in credit cards, and we have become one of the most impactful and disruptive players in the industry. We have grown to see ourselves as a technology company in consumer finance, with great opportunities for software engineers who want to build innovative applications to give users smarter ways to save, transact, borrow and invest their money, as we seek to disrupt the industry again.
The DevOps Master Engineer is responsible for developing the next generation of our Continuous Delivery platform. Responsibilities include planning, analysis, design, coding, and system architecture, along with integration of unit testing, code scan, security scan and meaningful metrics generation for products. You will execute DevOps/Continuous Delivery activities associated with product releases as a member of the team. You will also ensure quality of Capital One products by implementing basic DevOps procedures to build, test and release software products. You will work closely with Enterprise Architect teams and Development and Operations Teams to implement a release process that is automated and reputable on highest level of maturity.
- Develop a next generation, continuous delivery platform and infrastructure and be responsible for software design, system architecture and code on models at the enterprise level.
- Coordinate and scale the evolving build and cloud deployment systems across all product development teams.
- Diagnose highly complex systemic problems and takes the lead until the issue is resolved.
- Provide continuous delivery implementation and execution to achieve successful build, test and deployment activities for one or more products.
- Work in tandem with our Enterprise Architect, Development and Operations teams to raise awareness for process, tool and best practices for Continuous Delivery pipeline and implementation.
- Expand own knowledge and skills through training, mentoring, and other methods.
- Initiate and drive process improvements related to software release process.
- Integrate Sonar, Selenium and various other tools into the Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD) and Continuous Analysis (CA) processes.
- Lead DevOps Maturity Model, review and publish results and improvement plan to management team.
- Participate actively in building products build/release metrics that can effectively provide measure for volume, efficiency and root cause for failures to perform gap analysis for future improvements.
- Bachelors Degree or military experience
- At least 7 years experience in software development
- At least 4 years of DevOps Engineering experience
- At least 4 years of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment experience
- At least 2 years experience in people management
- Masters Degree
- 7+ years experience in software development -
- 7+ years experience in Agile practices
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position