Master Software Engineer, DevOps
Do you want to work for a tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products? We experiment and innovate leveraging the latest technologies, engineer breakthrough customer experiences, and bring simplicity and humanity to banking. We make a difference for 65 million customers. We're changing banking for good. At Capital One, you'll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs. We want you to be curious and ask “what if?” Capital One started as an information strategy company that specialized in credit cards, and we have become one of the most impactful and disruptive players in the industry. We have grown to see ourselves as a technology company in consumer finance, with great opportunities for software engineers who want to build innovative applications to give users smarter ways to save, transact, borrow and invest their money, as we seek to disrupt the industry again.
As a Capital One Master Software Engineer, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data.
- Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
- Continuously improve software engineering practices
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Commit features and code to the open source projects; develop proofs of concept and prototypes for new technologies and products
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Bachelor’s degree or military experience
- At least 2 years of Python development experience
- At least 2 years experience working with cloud based infrastructure in AWS or Azure or Google Cloud
- At least 2 years of experience building with infrastructure-as-code and configuration management tools like CloudFormation, or Terraform or Chef, or Ansible or Puppet
- Strong engineering and technology background with the ability to go deep into DevOps technology solutions
- 3+ years experience in Agile practices
- 3+ years of experience with Open source projects and/or contributions
- 3+ years of experience with GO, Ruby, Erlang, or Java
- 2+ years of experience with GitHub, Artifactory, Jenkins, CircleCI and/or Drone
At this time Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.