Full Stack Software Developer, Master Level
As a Capital One Full Stack Developer, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end Java based systems, to data pipelines for streaming data. You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: Java, AngularJS, Apache Spark and NoSQL databases.
What you’ll do:
- Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
- Continuously improve software engineering practices
- Work within and across Agile teams to lead design discussions, buy-in from the stakeholders and then socialize it to the upper management to get their approval.
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities.
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork and self-managed.
- Mentor and develop junior software developers to perform at the next level.
- Bachelors Degree or military experience
- At least 10 years experience in software development
- At least 7 years experience specifically in Java applications using Open Source Frameworks
- At least 5 years of experience managing large scale software development projects through complete release cycles
- Masters Degree
- 10+ years experience in software development
- 5+ years experience in Agile practices
- 2+ years experience with AWS/Cloud technologies
- 2+ years in people management
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.