Master Software Engineer
Imagine working at an innovative tech company, writing mostly greenfield projects with technologies like Angular 2, Node, and Scala on AWS. Now imagine that company has the stability, work/life balance, and budget of a large bank. That’s Capital One.
We're currently hiring for multiple positions within the Monsoon team at Capital One based out of downtown Oakland. You won't just be executing a mile-long backlog of tickets – you'll be coming up with new ideas and finding new ways to make Capital One successful, including some of our most beloved and trafficked digital properties.
Anyone can promise a position where you'll write "beautiful code" - we're offering one where millions of users will be using that code.
Who you'll be joining:
Capital One is a technology company that just happens to be focused on banking. Many of our banking and card users have never *seen* a Capital One branch, let alone been inside one. That is the strength and seriousness with which we take our digital presence. This may seem like a bold claim, but look at the companies that now make up the greater Bay Area Capital One Team:
Monsoon (https://techcrunch.com/2015/07/08/capital-one-acquires-oakland-based-design-and-development-firm-monsoon/) was also acquired in 2015, and is the group that’s posting this job opportunity.
Our commitment to equality:
We are outspoken about inclusion, diversity, and conversations about how we as a company, an industry, and individuals can do better. If that speaks to you, we'd like to speak with you. We work hard to shatter glass ceilings for all our employees. The Monsoon team works in a gorgeous 1910 bank building; the only ceiling we want is the ornate fresco we work under
What you’ll work on:
• Lead the platform team responsible for the static site generator and cloud deployment tools that powers CapitalOne.com. You will be on the core team building out a platform that provides the SEO benefits of a server-driven site with all the benefits of a single page web application. It’s written with Angular 2 and Node and is deployed through the cloud.
• Make key technical platform decisions affecting hundreds of internal customers and millions of public customers.
• Work in an ambiguous environment while making sense of things. You can take in a wide range of information and find common themes while recommending good technical solutions and iterating on them.
• Optimizing CapitalOne.com: We’re trying to improve CapitalOne.com with A/B testing, granular behavioral analysis, segmenting, and funneling based on user date and real time decisions.
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering
- 3+ years of experience with AWS
- 3+ years of experience of a single page application framework like Angular, Ember, or React
- 2+ years of experience as the technical lead
- 3+ years of experience in developing and running production system in high availability - high-performance environments.
- 3+ years of experience in the area of uptime and site performance.
- 2+ years of knowledge on Linux server environment in the context of production deployment.
- 2+ years of knowledge of OO and functional programming paradigms.
- 2+ years production experience with other languages and runtimes.
- 1+ year of experience with a variety of data stores such as S3 in a production environment.
- 1+ year of experience working in an enterprise environment.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.