Master Software Engineer
Do you want to work for a tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products? We experiment and innovate leveraging the latest technologies, engineer breakthrough customer experiences, and bring simplicity and humanity to banking. We make a difference for 65 million customers. At Capital One, you'll be part of a group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs. We want you to be curious and ask “what if”?
As a Capital One Software Engineer, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data. You will drive the design, implementation, testing, deployment, and post-release support in an agile application development environment. You will execute on engineering and release priorities successfully through strong leadership and communication.
Who you are:
· You yearn to be part of cutting edge, high profile projects and are motivated by delivering world-class solutions on an aggressive schedule
· Someone who is not intimidated by challenges; thrives even under pressure; is passionate about their craft; and hyper focused on delivering exceptional results
· You love to learn new technologies and mentor/lead junior engineers to raise the bar on your team
· It would be awesome if you have a robust portfolio on Github and / or open source contributions you are proud to share
· Passionate about intuitive and engaging user interfaces, as well as new/emerging concepts and techniques
· Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
· At least 4 years of experience of programming real time, multithreaded server side java applications
· At least 5 years of experience of delivering production ready software
· At least 5 years of experience with Agile Scrum methodologies
· At least 3 years’ experience with Spring, Spring Boot, Hibernate, Jax-RS or Jersey Frameworks
- At least 3 years’ experience with RESTful API’s and API lifecycle.
- At least 1 year of experience with AngularJS or equivalent framework
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- At least 3 years of experience as a technical lead on large scale software development projects through complete release cycles and CI/CD tools.
- 8 years’ experience in Application development
- 3 year of experience with AngularJS or equivalent framework
- 1+ year of experience using AWS infrastructure automation tools
- 1+ Experience with Kafka or Spark
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.