Master Software Engineer
Do you want to work for a tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products?
Are you a developer that thrives in a vibrant, innovative and collaborative team? Capital One is actively seeking an experienced Software Engineer with expertise in working in a fast paced development environment. You’ll have the opportunity to remain in a hands-on engineering role, developing coding solutions. We experiment and innovate leveraging the latest technologies, engineer breakthrough customer experiences, and bring simplicity and humanity to banking. We make a difference for 65 million customers.
At Capital One, you'll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs.
We want you to be curious and ask “what if?”
Capital One started as an information strategy company that specialized in credit cards, and we have become one of the most impactful and disruptive players in the industry. We have grown to see ourselves as a technology company in consumer finance, with great opportunities for software engineers who want to build innovative applications to give users smarter ways to save, transact, borrow and invest their money, as we seek to disrupt the industry again.
As a Capital One Software Engineer, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end Java based systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data.
You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: node.js, Java, AngularJS, React, Python, REST, JSON, XML, Ruby, HTML / HTML5, CSS, NoSQL databases, relational databases, Hadoop, Chef, Maven, iOS, Android, and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure to name a few.
- Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, mentor members of the engineering community
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity Basic
- Collaborate on various implementation options
- Work to meet deliver of feature content throughout the Software Delivery Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Identifies and characterizes technical risk throughout SDLC; generates mitigation options
- Produce resilient code that meet the “-ilities,” such as: system availability, reliability, flexibility, scalability, usability, etc.
- Codes hands-on for actual feature delivery
- Work as a core member of a software engineering team member; be a part of peer code reviews
- Helps determine how best technology can be applied to meet the customers’ needs
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in object-oriented programming languages
- At least 5 years of experience with SQL or Oracle
- At least 5 years of experience in leading software-oriented projects from inception to delivery
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Management Information Systems
- 2 years of experience with Agile development methodologies
- 2 years of Windows Server experience
- 2 years of Cloud experience
- 2 years of AWS APIs experience
- 2 years of AWS services experience
- 2 years of experience with open source technologies
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position