Master Software Engineer-Android
As a Capital One Software Engineer, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end Java based systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data. You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: node.js, Java, AngularJS, React, Python, REST, JSON, XML, Ruby, HTML / HTML5, CSS, NoSQL databases, relational databases, Hadoop, Chef, Maven, iOS, Android, and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure to name a few.
What you’ll do:
- Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
- Continuously improve software engineering practices
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
Android App Makers wanted! Come join a team that is building the next-generation of financial apps for Capital One in Tysons Corner, VA.
If Jelly Bean and KitKat make you think of ViewPagers and Fragments instead of tasty treats, then you need to come check us out!
We are looking for passionate Android developers with 5 - 6 years of experience with the Android SDK.
Ideal candidates have a strong understanding of object-oriented design, utilize open source libraries as well as contribute to them, write unit tests and use GitHub for collaborative version control. Our mobile engineers are equipped with top of the line Retina MacBookPros, 27" Thunderbolt monitors and standing desks in a modern workspace.
- Designs and builds apps
- Creates and runs unit tests
- Evaluates new technologies and stays abreast of best practices
- Consistently share best practices and improve processes within and across sprint teams
- Identify technical obstacles early and work closely with team to find creative solutions
- Mentor junior developers and work to advance culture of technical excellence
- Bachelors Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of mobile development for native Android applications
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science
- 3+ years of mobile development for native Android applications
- 3 or more shipped Android apps preferred
- A portfolio of open source code on GitHub preferred
Familiarity/Experienceon CI/CD & Cloud technologies
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.