Master Software Engineer-DevOps
As a Capital One Software Engineer, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end Java based systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data. You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: node.js, Java, AngularJS, React, Python, REST, JSON, XML, Ruby, HTML / HTML5, CSS, NoSQL databases, relational databases, Hadoop, Chef, Maven, iOS, Android, and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure to name a few.
What you’ll do:
- Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
- Continuously improve software engineering practices
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Driving project/service delivery/deployment.
- Performing as technical lead on software deployment projects
- Collaborating with other platforms tech leads to ensure integrated end-to-end design
- Building ContinuousIntegration/ContinuousDelivery pipelines
- Building dev, test and production environments in Amazon Web Services
- Supporting QA during testing, and oversight during implementation into production.
- Instrumenting applications for automated monitoring and alerting
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in software development
- At least 3 years of experience with modern DevOps practices and principles
- Agile Practitioner
- Masters Degree
- 1 Year leading software teams in an agile environment
- AWS cloud services configuration & administration
- Chef, Ansible, Puppet and or UDeploy experience
- Jenkins, Codeship, Travis experience
- Docker, Harhicorp or other microservices development experience(container
& service discovery)
- Restful web/API services development, testing, deployment
- Linux, UNIX, Openstack administration
- Mongo, Hadoop, Casandra administration
- Splunk, ELK monitoring / alerting experience
- Cucumber ATDD experience
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.