The Material Handler can be responsible for processing the receipt of all inbound freight by packing slip and purchase order, as well as processing all outbound shipments from the warehouse. The Material Handler can be responsible for replenishing product that has been received into its assigned stocking location. The Material Handler can be responsible for processing, picking, packing, staging, and shipping of all customer orders. Inventory accuracy is the job of all warehouse associates. Supervisor -
Warehousing & Logistics Manager or Warehouse Shift Supervisor Essential Duties & Responsibilities (included but not limited to):
- Receive and check-in all product and equipment by packing slip and purchase order.
- Process outbound cross-dock freight as necessary.
- Document all receiving via computer or control log.
- Help direct the workflow in the receiving area, setting priorities and meeting deadlines for the receiving function.
- Unload returned totes and returned product from trucks.
- Perform put away of items to storage locations.
- Replenishment of picking locations.
- Assist purchasing personnel or accounts payable in researching receiving discrepancies.
- Process, pick, pack, and stage customer orders.
- Prepare goods and shipping documents for outgoing shipments.
- Load palletized shipments onto outbound vehicles.
- Ship and log all outbound shipments.
- Keep receiving area, warehouse shelves and aisles clean, organized, and free of hazards and obstructions.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of warehouse storage areas.
- Maintain effective communication with customers, co-workers, and other team members.
- Maintain material handling equipment and report any potential problems.
- Advise warehouse supervisor of out-of-stock items upon discovery.
- Ensure all shipments are labeled correctly.
- Restock received product into warehouse assigned stocking locations.
- Perform cycle counting as required.
- Meet all department mandated time frames and deadlines.
- Perform physical inventory counts during semi-annual inventory.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Follow all safety policies and procedures.
- Practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy, Mission, and Value Statement.
#ParallonBCOMQualifications: Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Communication - communicates clearly and concisely
- Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
- Interpersonal skills - able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties
- PC skills - demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required
- Policies & Procedures - demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
- Basic skills - able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately
- Technical skills - able to operate a fork lift vehicle and a motorized pallet jack
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Previous warehousing experience preferred
CERTIFICATE/LICENSE PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Prior computer experience preferred
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time. Requires ability to push and pull a variety of carts and material handling equipment. Must be able to climb, stoop, kneel, and reach. Must be able to make substantial movements of the wrists, hands, and fingers. Must be able to hear, see, and communicate through written and verbal means. Requires ability to touch and differentiate textures and temperatures. Must be able to move and/or lift up to 50 pounds Work is performed inside a warehouse environment that has good ventilation and comfortable temperatures. Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom