Material Handler 1 - Web Jogger
Company: R R Donnelley
Posted: January 19, 2017
Reference ID: 206036
- Remove, flex, jog, and stack printed sheets, folded signatures, labels or other in-process products from discharge unit of printing press or adhesives coating equipment.
- Review signatures for smearing, register issues, bad folds, etc and notify the Pressroom.
- Remove folded signatures from web press and place signatures on pallet or skid for removal to warehouse or binding areas.
- May adjust stacking mechanism on press according to paper dimensions.
- Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, carts and trays.
- Conveys materials from storage or work sites to designated area, using hand truck, electric dolly, or other device.
- Counts, weighs, and records number of units of materials moved or handled on daily production sheet.
- Attaches identifying tags or labels to materials or marks information on cases, bales, or other containers.
- Stacks or assembles materials into bundles and bands bundles together, using banding machine and clincher.
- May occasionally operate automated equipment and/or industrial truck or electric hoist to assist in loading or moving materials and products.
- Ability to fill in for roll tender operator when full-time employee is on vacation or loading/unloading trucks