Position Summary 1st and 2nd shift
The Material Handler is responsible for unloading material, staging material into lanes, labeling material, and transferring material to the receiving drop points. The Receiving Floor Team Member will assist in driving a proactive safety culture.
• Accurately and timely complete tasks assigned by the Receiving Floor Lead and Receiving Floor Supervisor.
• Respond to urgent requests and ensure all other receipts are completed in the order in which material was delivered to maintain compliance to the customer 4-hr requirement.
• Contribute corrective actions to eliminate errors.
• Complete the receiving floor activities including unloading trailers, checking in material to verify receiving information, tagging material, palletizing/banding material as necessary, and running material to receiving drop points.
• Document information on receiving paperwork to ensure material is received accurately.
• Respond to escalations to quickly resolve service issues.
• Inspect incoming material for damage, and activated shock and tilt watches, and follow the established non-conforming procedure.
• Responsible for participating in quality audits and complying with all established quality procedures.
• Engage in the relocation process to ensure inventory accuracy is maintained.
• Accomplish inventory counting.
• Attend facility safety meetings and training sessions.
• Report customer complaints following the established reporting criteria.
• Drive and promote safety program.
• Responsible for following all reporting procedures for near miss, safety incidents, accidents, and employee injuries.
• Participate in the housekeeping program to ensure responsibilities are met on a daily and weekly basis.
Must have a min of 3 yrs as a certified forklift driver
A little about us:
We partner with people to improve skills, teams and lives every day, and we help them achieve more than they ever thought possible.