- High School Diploma/GED from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a warehouse or material handling role in a manufacturing environment is required.
- Minimum 1 year of experience operating a forklift is required.
- Must be authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate
geographical area of Wilsonville, OR will be considered
- Able to lift 35 pounds – waist, shoulder, overhead
- Forklift certification or ability to obtain forklift certification
- Ability to climb ladders
- Proven history of safe work habits and high dependability
- Must be able to work effectively without direct supervision
- Computer skills – Microsoft Office, Internet, Excel, etc.
- Must be able to work overtime – weekdays and weekends
- 2 years of previous material handling experience is preferred
- Previous experience with Kanban is preferred.
Eaton located in Wilsonville, OR has a position opening for a Material Handler on 1st shift.
The primary function of this position is to sort, distribute, supply and package materials.
- Observe good housekeeping and safety procedures and keep equipment, tools and work area clean and orderly through
daily completion of 5S duties, including daily review of storage racks/labels, etc.
- Adhere to all safety guidelines and procedures, as well as communicate any unusual conditions and potential safety
- Support plant’s Kaizen activities
- Participate in team tier meetings: review daily goals, interrupters, and metrics
- Ownership of incoming Advanced Purchase or application specific parts as well as Kanban material; ensure timely
cycling and replenishment of materials, while maintaining accurate records of inventory
- Moving material throughout assigned product lines, as needed; efficiently sort and manage incoming materials to assist
in expediting production: (ex-kitting). This will include daily, regular communication and collaboration with the Supervisor,
line leads, and the supply chain team to ensure the proper placement/storage of material, and to confirm stock levels of
- Loading and unloading of incoming material trucks, as well as assisting with unloading of truck if requested
- Handling the disposal of pallets and crates efficiently while coordinating the proper disposal and recycling of material
- Emptying scrap bins into scrap containers, and assisting in managing scrap waste of metal and wire
- Participate in weekly GEMBA’s w/ Hardware supplier to ensure availability of material
- Work with Supply Chain team to store and manage excess and/or obsolete material per final dispositions
- Daily regular communication with line leads to project stock levels of parts required for upcoming jobs, including
increasing and decreasing stock levels based on production needs
- Recognizing urgent requests from Supervisor and production employees with executing with immediate action and
support upon receiving those requests
- Writing DMRs as necessary- responsible for evaluating and reporting damaged or inaccurately ordered incoming
- Supporting material handling across other lines as necessary, based on production needs or absences and vacations
- Assist Receiving and Production teams, when needed, with loading and unloading trucks with outgoing finished goods
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.