Moves printed material by hand from machinery or loads to machinery. Moves material or finished product to pallets or from pallets to machines.
- Reads work orders & instructions to determine which materials are to be moved and where.
- Loads and unloads materials from pallets by hand. Feeds auto loaders with books.
- Moves materials from storage or work sites to designated areas.
- Attaches identification tags or labels to materials or marks information on containers.
- Stacks materials into bundles and bands bundles together.
- Perform general housekeeping, makes minor repairs, and otherwise assists the machine operators.
- May perform very basic clerical functions.
- Assists with set up of equipment.
- May lead or train other material handlers.
- Adheres to and promotes all safety policies and procedures including, but not limited to the proper handling of hazardous waste, lock out - tag out rules and hearing and eye protection policies.
- Other duties as assigned.