**Requisition ID:** 27005BR
**Job Title:** Material Handler
**Division:** 4031: Hennepin
**Location:** 27211: Bloominton-1400 W 96th St
**Position Type:** Full-Time
**Exempt Status:** Non-Exempt
The Non Core Helper – Chemical Technician is responsible for managing collection, segregation and commingling of household hazardous waste (HHW) at the Bloomington, Minnesota collection site.
• Receives and sorts HHW, problem materials and recyclables.
• Lab packs HHW for shipment.
• Identifies unknown HHW.
• Segregates and tracks free products.
• Answers phone calls/disseminates program/waste information.
• Labels, marks and updates drums for shipment, logs and documents.
• Bulk latex/oil based paints and flammable liquids.
• Ensures and maintains cleanliness of facilities, including spill cleanup in accordance with all safety procedures. Ensures compliance with all safety practices, rules, regulations, permits, contracts and county program policies.
• Assists with maintaining compliance records.
• Participates in and complies with all site, facility and waste inspections.
• Operates a forklift and floor sweeper.
• Interacts and cooperates with the public, county vendors and other employees.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Forklift certification/training.
• First aid/CPR certification/training.
• Previous experience working with the public.
• Associates degree from an accredited program in Applied Science or Chemical Technology which included 6 chemistry classes; or a four year degree with 6 chemistry classes from an accredited college; or 5 years of work related experience.
**Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:**
• DOT Hazardous Materials Transportation training.
• Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response Standard certification/training.
• OSHA Powered Industrial Truck Safety certification/training.
• Good written and oral communication.
• Excellent Customer service skills.
• Computer literacy with Microsoft applications.
• Ability to adhere to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise.
• Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules.
• Ability to promote the Company’s safety standards and not take inappropriate risks.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
A little about us:
The dramatic growth and high performance of Republic Services is an American success story we’re proud of.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network.